Thread: The 'I told you, you'd be back' build of Misfire, my NB2 w/ F1 inspiration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Paul B's Avatar
    Drives
    White NA Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey2000 View Post
    05-09-17: I am thoroughly enjoying the new wheels/tires! Misfire feels like a proper Miata now with some good sticky tires!! I went and picked up the 15's from Discount Tire, so when I got home I measured the 15x6'' NB 5 spoke w/ 195/55/15 Yokohama Y580....

...30lbs according to my cheap home scale. Then I took off one of the 14x7 +19mm Enkei RPF1's w/ 195/60/14 Falken Azenis RT615K+ and weighed it...

....26lbs, which considering the 14x7 RPF1 is supposed to be 8.6lbs and the tire(according to Tire Rack) is 19lbs makes me think the scale is probably off by a pound or so. Still a 4lb difference per corner isn't bad, imo.

I also picked up a cheap push button for a temporary horn but couldn't find a good spot to put it that would make it easily accessible in the even of an emergency. So I decided to just get a pnp hub.

Looked up MiataRoadster.com and checked out the Daikei unit and called to speak with Bill to see how soon I could get it and he said a week since it comes from Japan but he said he had Works Bell hubs in stock and about $25 cheaper. I said I would check it out and let him know. Looked up CircuitSports site to ensure the V2 quick release would work with it and found that it had to be a 70mm PCD(Momo pattern) and fortunately the Works Bell hub(tall/3'') has both patterns, so I ordered it.

I know some might think it is silly to eliminate the air bag then get so worked up about not having a horn but I can't tell you how many times using the horn has kept someone from hitting me, it is a must have in my opinion and just as important of a safety item. Anyone need a slightly used CircuitSport 55mm hub?
    Pm inbound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul B For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (05-10-2017)