Thread: Driven Daily NA (take 2)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! drummingpariah's Avatar
    Drives
    '75 Datsun 280z (turbo), '97 MX-5
    Thanks Given

My only problem in this event is the cxracing exhaust manifold. I can't recommend avoiding them enough, after this latest experience. The header survived one event and literally started falling apart at the seams. Their welds are horrible, and their customer support offered to refund me $40 (on a $400 part) to repair the welds. Repair isn't even possible without cutting it back down to individual sections of tube, since all of their welds are improperly penetrated and started cracking immediately. I'm running a 14" flex pipe directly on the back of the header, and it's still falling apart incredibly quickly.

I certainly understand that manufacturing defects happen, but they aren't even trying to stand by their product. Now I'm going to have to build another new exhaust, since this didn't come close to aligning with the factory exhaust. I really really regret working with them, but I managed to make it through the season despite it.

This video marks the end of the 2017 hillclimb season, so I'm about to dig back into the Datsun build for 2018!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to drummingpariah For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (03-19-2018)