Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone RustRat's Avatar
    Drives
    Red NA8C 1.6L
    Thanks Given

空白のスレート (aka RR's new ventures)

Small update.

It seems like the AFM was not the only thing wrong with the cars electrical. It wasnt idling properly, and once any throttle was applied, it would immediately die. Looked around for an answer, and saw that the ECU i had installed since my original one had been fried, had been tampered with by someone previously, and it was not reading anything air related. Comparing it to another ECU, we noticed a couple capacitors were missing, which was weird.

We then installed another ECU, and it worked... for a couple minutes. Then it would again die when throttle was applied. We opened it up once again, and this one was also fried. In the same exact spot as the original one. Long story short, the idle control valve was also short circuiting and frying the ECU. Suuuuuuuuper weird. Promptly replaced it, had the ECU professionally repaired, and...

(Here I was supposed to show a video of me starting the car and driving, but cant figure it out, so take my word for it)

It drives! Frist time it moved around under its own power in 3(?) years.

Heres a photo of the outside. Once its all put back together and working, Ill have it painted, but I cant wait to drive and enjoy it as is, at last.

And a photo of the engine bay with some new goodies installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RustRat; 05-01-2021 at 02:19 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RustRat For This Useful Post:

Cermivelli (05-04-2021),Greasemonkey2000 (05-01-2021),HarryB (05-02-2021),ScratchNSniff (05-03-2021)