Thread: I did a thing.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Today I swapped out the evaporator valve, cleaned the evaporator core, and buttoned up the system.

This evaporator valve DOESN’T leak. ;) New valve goes on regardless. Be careful not to kink the thin copper tubing, collapsing it.

I sealed the box with silicone RTV and reinstalled the assembly. Reinstallation was a little tough. Here is what to do:

Put the triangular tube clamp on the box opening.

Position the box in its space under the dash. Gently push the AC hoses coming out of the box through the fire wall.

Loosely connect the fittings onto the AC lines. New seals of course.

Go back under the dash and push the box on the top and bottom studs that secure the assembly to the fire wall. Install the two 10mm nuts. This will take patience as the top stud is hard to see and reach. I used a combo of wobble extensions and a u-joint adapter.

Slide the triangular clamp over to cover the gap between the box and the HVAC stack in the center of the dash.

Install the square, 2-piece clamp onto the right side of the box and blower assy.

Re-attach the HVAC cable into the armature for fresh/recirc air above the blower assy.

Under the hood, tighten the AC hose fittings.

Install glovebox.

Hit the showers.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

HarryB (05-05-2019),JonB (05-14-2019),MiataQuest (05-04-2019),tsingson (05-04-2019)