Thread: Miatas Before the Gap powered by Rspeed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Sig, thanks so much for your feedback! We had some unexpected issues arise and some of our changes were controversial, to say the least. They were made with safety in mind and they were not made flippantly.

The first sessions were 15 minutes, the rest were 20 unless an on-track incident occurred. When one does happen, we use abbreviated sessions to catch up to the schedule.

We post schedules and email them out. For run groups, their are flags posted at Pit Out and the Tower that indicate which group is on the track (red, yellow, blue, green).

There are also restrooms in the clubhouse upstairs, BTW. There is also *typically* a map at the bottom, near the clubhouse, facing the track, but I suppose it has been locked away because of the weather. There was one in the classroom, too.

I would like permission to forward your comments to the Jzilla staff so we can implement improvements for next year, but only with your approval.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

tsingson (08-04-2018)

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch SigmaX's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 Miata, 2013 BMW 135is
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    Sig, thanks so much for your feedback! We had some unexpected issues arise and some of our changes were controversial, to say the least. They were made with safety in mind and it were not made flippantly.

The first sessions were 15 minutes, the rest were 20 unless an on-track incident occurred. When one does happen, we use abbreviated sessions to catch up to the schedule.

We post schedules and email them out. For run groups, their are flags posted at Pit Out and the Tower that indicate which group is on the track (red, yellow, blue, green).

There are also restrooms in the clubhouse upstairs, BTW. There is also *typically* a map at the bottom, near the clubhouse, facing the track, but I suppose it has been locked away because of the weather. There was one in the classroom, too.

I would like permission to forward your comments to the Jzilla staff so we can implement improvements for next year, but only with your approval.
    Sure, I have no problem with it. I'd be happy to discuss more if there are any questions, too. In response to your responses: The posted schedule was fine, until there was an incident that bumped everything around. I wasn't the only person in the paddock asking who was going out when and in what order by the afternoon. I was parked right next to pit-out, so I ended up talking to the gentleman covering that station and yelling back up the paddock what was going on. The flags being posted at pit out for whatever run group was heading out next was definitely something that should have been covered at the driver's meeting

The track map placements is more of a facility thing than a Jzilla event thing. The drivers' meeting room/main room not having track maps I just found odd, but again, it's a country club, not a competition venue.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SigmaX For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (08-04-2018),tsingson (08-04-2018)

Drives
    Thanks Given

EDIT: Fixed. This was the driest session I had all day.
    Last edited by SigmaX; 08-04-2018 at 01:02 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SigmaX For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (08-04-2018),MiataQuest (08-04-2018),tsingson (08-04-2018)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SigmaX View Post

EDIT: Fixed. This was the driest session I had all day.
    Was this you?

IMG_7034 by Danny Sawyer, on Flickr

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theothersawyer For This Useful Post:

SigmaX (08-06-2018),tsingson (08-10-2018)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by theothersawyer View Post
    Was this you?

IMG_7034 by Danny Sawyer, on Flickr
    Yup, sure is.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SigmaX For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (08-05-2018),tsingson (08-10-2018)