Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! benpopham's Avatar
    Drives
    Eunos
    Thanks Given

Wilwood brake kit

Ok, I need some help.

I have wanted to order the Flyin' Miata little big brake kit for a while. I still have the stock NA6 brakes, with some new discs and Mintex pads, but they have never been great. I want to upgrade them and the Flyin Miata kit has always looked like the best to go for.

The only thing that has been stopping me ordering them is that the exchange rate GBP-USD is pretty crap and then with £80 postage and 20% import tax, it get pretty expensive.

Today I found a UK supplier for a very similar kit, they are called Freaky Parts.

They sell 2 different kits at a good price, their equivalent 'Little big brake' kit comes with the Wilwood PowerLite callipers (same as Flyin' Miata), BP-10 pads, brackets, and 270mm grooved discs for £499

http://www.freakyparts.co.uk/epages/...ite_Front-0001

Now the thing that is putting me off is that they say the PowerLite callipers are meant for cars under 750kgs, and would recommend using the bigger DynaLite calliper kit and that works out at £580. I have emailed them and they said that the PowerLite's are fine but I might wear through the pads at a faster rate.

I assume the PowerLite callipers are fine, and just wanted to chat with some people using the Flyin' Miata kit. I am not after track spec brakes, my car is a road car and will rarely see a track but I am fitting a turbo engine some time soon. I like that the PowerLite callipers are lighter and £80 cheaper is even better?

Talk to me...
    Last edited by benpopham; 02-16-2018 at 01:16 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to benpopham For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (02-17-2018)