Thread: Chris' R34 GTT Series 2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    My driver side window has been operating slow for a little while, it was make this weird squeely noise too. It then stopped working all together which became a huge inconvenience.

I was lucky enough to win a replacement regulator and motor on eBay but life got in the way and I could never find the time to do the swap (aswell as a day dry enough)

With the window stuck fully up, this restricted access to see most of it. I was preparing to remove the glass and strip most of the door panel to change it (hence the dry day). But after seeing the replacment on the floor infront of me, it was only 6 nuts/bolts

With the door panel off (I cover this in the Youtube video) it's time to tackle the regulator

Unplug the large grey connector

Starting off with the 2x 10mm nuts either end of the regulator that holds the glass

Next was a bar/bracket which looks to be the adjustment, going by the lines either side of the 10mm nuts

The last step is to remove the 4x 10mm nuts holding the motor to the door panel

Luckily the glass stayed up and the unit could be pulled through the bottom hole in the door panel.

Fitting is the reversal. Make sure you start with the motor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuP6Z-rgrRQ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

HarryB (09-05-2023)