Thread: Chris' R34 GTT Series 2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Not much had happened since the last update, only a couple of Cars & Coffee meetings along with helping a couple of friends out with Prom runs.

That time had soon passed and the Pistonheads 25th Anniversary was upon us.

Our initial plan was to drop the kids off at the inlaws,travel down on the Friday and we'd only be a short (17 mile) drive to Bicester Heritage the following morning.

That's until I mentioned Caffeine & Machine was 'kinda' close by... by that I mean an additonal 48 miles futher north. Mrs Reeper was happy enough to head there as we both enjoyed our first visit (which happened to be August last year in the recently purchased MX5 NC1)

Upon arrival we were asked if we would like to park on the grass bank or to the left on the gravel amongst the trees, which is where I went (knowing it'd make some good photos as the sun set)

As always the atmosphere is fantastic, very chilled with great food and a good variation of cars to look at.

Sorry for the photo spam, this has been a venue I've wanted to take the car for awhile and couldnt resist taking loads of photos

We arrived at Bicester just after 7am and were guided into position inside the hanger where the Reader's Ride display was.

Visiting Bicester was another venue ticked off the list after seeing photos of a Sunday Scramble that Speedhunters had covered.

The show was divided into areas with selected cars that the Pistonheads staff had to choose. During the awards it was mentioned that they had 1400 applicants and 200 were chosen.

I never thought I would have gotten chosen,given the calibre of cars in the Readers Ride section. I did feel abit out of place and I wish I spent more time at the car incase anyone wanted to have a chat.

A thank you to Rob aka RSD 25 for these photos

One thing I had recently noticed with the car was the paint on the roof. I spotted a slightly duller patch above the driver side window. Looking at it closer you can see fine sanding marks as if there isn't enough paint applied.

The car was resprayed by the previous owner in 2017. The car is currently stored outside in direct sun, so I'm gonna take a guess and say that has accelerated this.

While cleaning the car at home in preperation for the show I noticed more of the roof had gone dull towards the centre. The lighting inside the hanger made it more obvious.

While cleaning the bonnet at the show I noticed that had started to go too, great!

It wouldn't bother me as much if this was the original paint, but it's not

With the already expensive list of jobs waiting, this doesn't help. Having to constantly repair the daily Accord also isn't helping with my bank balance. But I guess the saying is 'Rome wasn't built in a day'

Well thats true, but my money can only stretch so far which means it's going to take a considerable amount of time to sort.

Anyone got the winning lottery numbers? please?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

HarryB (08-16-2023)