Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey2000 View Post
@RandolphB: Sorry to hear. If this is your insurance it is time for a new provider. If it isn't and you carry full coverage then see what they will do. I had to do this on a EG Civic Si as the at fault individual was evading his insurance company but at first even my insurance wasn't offering me enough as it had a B16A2 swap.

The insurance has to give you "fair market trade value" or in other words what it would cost to buy that car in similar condition/modifications. I ended up getting about $500 more than I paid so I think it was a fair amount.

I have Progressive(over 10 yrs now) and they have a option to add up to $8k in additional coverage for aftermarket parts but must have receipts and can do more but at that point you have to do a declared value.
Company is Allstate. No longer have receipts, as they were lost in a flood back in California along with a lot of other stuff stored in my garage. I do have a list of all parts and pricing I kept in my computer all along. Adjuster explained to me that they don't cover anything they consider a "Speed" part because they don't allow racing. He also explained how my policy means the fine print limits a lot of things they pay for, and told me to go to the other guy's company (they took blame) as I am not trapped by the fine print with them. They came up with a value of only $3000.00 because they found 2 in the state of the same year. Of course, no leather interior, no power windows and no other rather long list of even basic features. I asked, "Then it's not really a replacement, is it?". Tomorrow I start the process all over with Traveler's, and if I get no satisfaction I will get a lawyer.......all I want is enough to match the basic features and condition of the car. Mine had a low mile engine and lots of new parts. Paint was rough, but literally had already ordered paint to do the repairs- and it showed up 4 days after the wreck. Will probably look into a different company afterwards, but have had endless bad luck since moving back to Florida some years ago.