Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given

Chris' Nissan Micra K11 v3

I hope you don't mind me posting this here

Although the R34 will never be 'finished' I've reached a point where I can't do much else without spending a tonne of money. I cant tinker with it like I'm used to with other cars,because its reliable (how dare a car be reliable! haha). The next stage is the engine upgrades and thats gonna cost between 5-6k

I'll copy and paste the build thread up till now. We've owned it for about 6 weeks so luckily there isn't much reading.

​Déjà vu...

My very first car was a green 1.0L pre-facelift K11. I had the bumpers and bootlid smoothed, badboy bonnet, Cobra bucket seats and a set of 15" alloys. All was well until an RTC (road traffic collision) ended its life. Here's a photo of it in its prime

I then moved on red 1.3L facelift which I owned for 5 years. This was my first 'full' build, the parts list is faar too long to list. In the end the clutch needed changing,cross member replacing and it needed a respray. Approaching 21 I wanted something quicker, thats when my attention turned to MX5s.

The car received two magazine features, Total Nissan and Banzai Magazine

Me and Lu (my other half) were chatting awhile back, talking about how much we missed the red Micra, how we wanted a car that we could (ab)use and not worry about getting scratched or dented.

We found this 2002 Facelift Facelift K11, 998cc with a whopping 58bhp of untamed power (sarcasm). Being a Vibe trim its extremely basic, I'm not even bothered about the manual windows, tin top roof, no AC or anything else

Overall its in pretty decent condition for 65k miles. The odd scrape, dent and mark. Some attention will be needed on the N/S RR arch as it's bubbling and heading towards the sill corner. The sills themselves and cross member are very clean which is a bonus. Although don't let the photos mislead you, the car is very pink

It serrrriously needs lowering, mainly to reduce the horrendous body roll.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (07-08-2020),Greasemonkey2000 (07-22-2020),kung fu jesus (07-07-2020),tsingson (07-07-2020)