Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It was fun while it lasted.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Coupeloop's Avatar
    Thanks Given

It was fun while it lasted.

well some of you may know, as of last week. I am no longer a Miata owner. It was fun while it lasted. I've owned the car for 6 years now, and threw so much time and money in it. I went through 8 other cars while owning this car, and thought I'd never sell it. Actually in the very beginning i wasn't even looking to own a miata, and to be honest i didn't know crap about them or even noticed them on the street. It was a car that I was offered for trade when I was selling my ae86. I didn't have much direction with it till many years later at its final stages of the car. While I owned the car, I took it on a canyon run or two... and a few drift events.... don't get me wrong it was fun.
    But honestly, driving (as in getting serious and taking it to the track terms) wasn't really my thing, I never claimed to be good at it nor do I really like it to be honest.
    I got a lot of "why do you throw parts on a car and don't drive?" It was in the end after helping a friend build a C drift car, I can only realize that I only did it just because I wanted to build a car. Spending the time wrenching, and fabricating and bringing my ideas to reality I find more fun/satisfying. Even if it was just driven on the streets once in a while. Then I realized all I wanted to do is to show others (and non-miata owners) that Miatas can be kinda cool. To be honest I really really REALLY hate the exterior of the damn car thats why i threw all the are at it, and I wanted to kill all the body lines for me to actually find the car acceptable. Even had my car mistaken for an RX-7 sometimes But I don't get me wrong, I liked my car, I like what I did to it. but miatas to me in general are very

but regardless, a lot of close good friends were definitely made. And a lot of lessons were learned.

but on to my new toy!

finally brought it home tonight. It was my friend's first car in high school (he was the 3rd owner I believe), and I told him if he were to EVER sell it, that I would buy it. Since then, 7 years later he calls me. That's also when I decided to sell my car (instantly in a heartbeat), since honestly I didn't want a miata to begin with, and GC8s are one of the top tiers of the cars I ever want to own. Major maintenance has been done few months ago, 104k on the odo. OEM LSD in the rear, JDM tid bits here and there.

snuggled in with the others in the garage.
    Last edited by Coupeloop; 07-28-2012 at 05:33 AM.
    MONEY doesn't buy STYLE

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    Some pretty nice choices in the garage, there! In all honesty - I can agree that a Miata is not a great car if the goal is "image" or "looks" but not performance. From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I'd love to drive a Challenger. The Miata truly is a car to be driven, not one to be seen in. Congratulations on the new ride! I dig the SRS, although the wheels are kind of.... not my style.
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! NAautoxer's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    i've always wanted a 2.5rs sedan in silver.. great cars.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    very nice choice! Don't be a stranger! You are always welcome here with us brother! Looking forward to updates on the new rides!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! paulsk's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Black
    Thanks Given

<3

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Im sure you will find yourself in a Miata again at some point, ..................................they always come back. hehe

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch JonnyD's Avatar
    Drives
    99 Emerald Mica
    Thanks Given
    I like the new car I would love to modify one of those. Nice garage I'm jealous, I really want to have a 3 car garage.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    Im sure you will find yourself in a Miata again at some point, ..................................they always come back. hehe
    I still have the TE37v and a spanking new Kaaz lsd for a NB diff. so probably... but WAY later
    MONEY doesn't buy STYLE

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    Sad to see! This car was so pretty! Is the new owner anyone on the forums?

Thanks Given
    well i dont know about this forum....
    but the person i sold it to is a very good friend of mine. he was only on CR to buy/sell parts for his old miata...since then he sold it and bought this............ yes thats him. First registered owner in North America

so now he has a miata and the FRS (which he barely drives because it just hops around manufactures getting prototypes done on for the free parts)
    MONEY doesn't buy STYLE

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    White 1990 N/A
    Thanks Given
    your miata is a icon! but i understand on how the miata is a car many of us just stumble apond. the miata for me was more of a cheap gas saver...ended up being a tinker bug -_-.... Congrats on the GC i always had a soft spot for them

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Kuane's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    You just wanted to move on. Everyone will end up doing something else sooner or later...

JonB sucks at KINOD threads.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Tylerq219's Avatar
    Drives
    Flat blue 92
    Thanks Given
    Good choice. 2.5rs over miata all day everyday.
    IG @whenindoubtflatout
    PIN IT TO WIN IT.
    QuirkWorks sponsored #44 Subaru rally car
    1992 miata. Flat blue. Loud.
    98 ZJ. Lifted, locked, bored and stroked

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Driftdevil's Avatar
    Drives
    95 Merlot
    Thanks Given
    Like phat said.... They always come back. I spent 5 yrs with my first one and sold it for 2 wheels. About 2 yrs ago the merlot pulled me back in.
    95M- JIC FLT-A2's, Konig Flatouts 15x8 with 225 RS3's, rollbar, nardi, FM catback, lightweight flywheel and ACT clutch. And much more to come!

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    The man speaks the truth, been there myself. Goo d luck with the Subie, I've spent some time behind the wheel and they are fun in a different way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast