Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    5,000 rpm - there be torque here! MaRcOp01o's Avatar
    Drives
    93 EUNOS and 93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 567 Posts
    First Update!

So once I saw the engine bay I knew I was in for a challenge. It was EXTREMLY dusty and had a lot of caked on dirt so I knew it would be a very rewarding cleanup.

I blew it all off with air and then I hosed off the loose dirt. After that I used GUNK Foam and that worked extremely well, dirt and oil fell off immediately and if it was a easy to reach spot I used a detail brush if it was hard to reach I hit it with brake cleaner and I made sure to rinse the engine bay after. The AC and PS were really coated but after a solid cleanup they look brand new! I need to take some better pics of the bay but this one will have to do for now.

I even evicted a dormant mouse nest behind my ABS. Thankfully no damage or rust was found.

While I was in the engine bay I did some maintenance. I did an oil change which was much needed, changed Spark Plugs (NGK Iridium) and changed over to NGK wires and decided to add my ARC chamber and a HKS panel filter. I definitely feel an improvement on the low end so I am happy it did something.

My under tray was also crusty, beat up, and just not lining up well so I bought a brand new one and now it looks fantastic!

825B3797-9EB8-4A05-BD23-B571C0E70087.jpg

Up next interior maintenance!
    Follow the Builds
    1993 Eunos Roadster B-spec by Mazdaspeed
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....819#post222819
    1993 Mazda Miata LE
    https://mazdaroadster.net/showthread...233#post244233

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaRcOp01o For This Useful Post:

HarryB (03-15-2022),Phatmiata (03-22-2022)

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    '96 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    A special car indeed, enjoy the journey. I have a NOS matching tonneau if you're in need. Bring it up to MATG in August.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Quicksilver For This Useful Post:

MaRcOp01o (03-21-2022)