I have always been a VW guy, always. Don't get me wrong, I have owned other cars along the way but have always found my way back to VW's with one exception, Miata's. I never really had a strong interest in Japanese cars even though I owned a few over the years and was stationed in Japan for a year in the Marines. What got me hooked was my friend Tim's 99 NB. He let me take his for couple of runs at a local auto-x in the summer of 2003 and that was it, I was hooked. I bought my first Miata, a black 01 NB the following year. I sold that one a few years later and moved on to a 95 NA. I really enjoyed that car buy wanted something with more power so I ditched the NA for a Mazdaspeed NB and promptly added all the standard bolt ons. The car was definitely quick but was missing the simplicity of the NA. My wife and I were expecting our first child in the fall of 09 so I sold off the Mazdaspeed to save us some money. I really missed having a Miata in the garage so I went on the hunt again for the cleanest example of an NA I could find. Right after my son's second birthday, I ran across a super clean 90 Mariner in Wisconsin. I took a ride up there that weekend and a deal was struck. I picked up the car the following weekend. The car came with full documentation since new, all receipts, everything. I am really looking forward to making it my own. I have been collecting parts since I purchased it.

the 01

the 95

the Mazdaspeed

the 90