Thread: Chris' Mazda 323F V6

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Unfortunately I didn't take any photos for the previous video ^^ except for this one.

I investigated the hunting further, my good friend Mikey kindly lent me his smoke leak tester. It turns out not a single wisp of smoke/vapour appeared, I guess thats a good thing though. The down side to that means it's not a simple fix and it could be something else.

My next thought was the air flow sensor/air mass sensor/mass air flow sensor (how ever you wish to call it). After cross referencing a part number I found on eBay, it looks like this part is also shared with the NA MX5 1.8 and can be had for £20-30 for a used version. This will certainly make it easier to source a replacement!

I let the car idle for around 45mins and the idle was fine, it didn't hunt once. Very strange.

It was time for the last minute checks prior to the MOT. I did a nut and bolt check on all of the suspension and brake componants (a thank you to Andy from the owners club for sending me photos of the Haynes Manual). The only thing I found was a bad ball joint pinch bolt, the nut wouldn't tighten at all. A quick trip to my work to buy a replacement and it's now golden.

It's now the morning of the MOT and nerves started to kick in. Ironically the 20 odd mile drive to the garage was my first test drive of the car. Luck was on my side and I didn't break down and nothing happened.

The test went well, they were impressed with the overall condition of the car. Although they weren't too happy towards the end about the copious amounts of waxoyl used to cover everything haha

The only things they picked up on was play in the steering rack bush and a minor oil leak which looks like the power steering? It was tricky to pin point because of the waxoyl (EVERYTHING is coated in it)

While it was up in the air I used this opportunity to grab some photos of the underside.

I noticed the front part of both subframe rails were severely dented, kind of looks like forklift damage? Unsure what's happened there to be honest

All in all, very happy with the result! Still lots to do

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (03-09-2024),MaRcOp01o (02-19-2024)