Thread: Chris' Mazda 323F V6

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Another busy day on the 323F

Ever since purchasing the car, the interior has been a mix and match. The biggest gripe has been the door cards. Having a dark green dashboard, green A pillar trims then black door cards followed by more green.

I finally managed to track down some green door cards and they were with me within a couple of days.

A shout out to Andrew aka MazdaMan in Biggleswade for supplying them. He's also helped me with the replacement intake hose, vacuum solenoid and a couple of other smaller bits.

The eagle eyed readers may have noticed the driver's seat in the first photo is green. This is a spare seat I collected from Andrew. I've been experiencing some back and forth play/movement in the seat. I've pulled mine apart and all I can put it down to is the mechanism for the lumbar support and the reclining adjustment. Unfortunately this one is the same if not slightly worse. I guess its just part of the design and I'll have to learn to live with it.

The little cubby compartment on the front door cards are a cool little feature. Infact I think the whole door card is much nicer overall.

The passenger side window switch trim has certainly seen better days. Unfortunately this version is a different shape compared to the black door card, so I'll try and source a replacement in better condition.

After accidently pulling the front sunroof drain out I struggled to find where it went. I didn't initially plan to strip it this much but I got carried away.

I finally figured out where the connector was, tucked away in the corner behind a layer of foam and insulation

The drain tube is a loose fit inside the white connector so extra care needs to be taken if you're messing about with it further up

I blew out the drain tubes with a compressor and tested it with some water, I was happy to see it trickling out from behind the wheel.

I also removed the wiper scuttle to check behind and it was bone dry. The leak must have been the partially blocked drain tube. I still need to dry the carpet but that can come later on now I know it wont leak any more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaFBFQ4Ssl0

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (03-09-2024)