Thread: How do I suspension swap?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    THAT'S AWESOME, CHEN FooSchnickens's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    I've had a lot of people ask me why I don't use the long bolt method. I mentioned why briefly in the preface of the how-to, but I'll try to explain a bit better.

I see the long bolt method as a waste of time. Nothing more. It DOES work, I'm not arguing that fact. It produces the same end result but at the expense of having to do several extra steps and... well you get the idea.

The first time I did a suspension swap I used the long bolt method and wondered how people could find this process "easy." If you had any kind of suspension damage the bolt would probably be seized in place and not want to come out. With the long bolt method you also have to remove the plastic belly pan which is always an annoyance when you don't have a lift at your disposal. Heck, I find it annoying even WITH a lift at my disposal

The reason I now use this method (Or as some people call it the "san diego" method. Am I the only one who finds that to be a flamingly gay name for it?) is because of time and simplicity. I can knock out a complete suspension swap in a matter of a couple hours this way and give me more time to get other stuff done.

SO, with that laid out, QUIT ASKING ME. :evil:

f00tography
    Chean Chay: they dont have pho in mexico
    In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
    http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...9616511700.png

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FooSchnickens For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (06-16-2016),Slampen (05-31-2016)