Guide to 1st Generation NA Miatas all the models and packages

Now that the 1st generation Miata is starting to become more collectible (at least clean examples anyway) I figured it would be nice to show all of the available colors and options for our iconic and now classic Mazda MX-5 Miata Roadster.

Mazda Japan started a factory based "refresh" restoration program for the original Eunos Roadster in Japan several years ago, and now they are releasing some remade parts for our cars, which is great news for us NA owners!

If you are looking at buying a used NA Miata this thread is for you, here you can see all the colors and options available for each year of the NA Miata 1989 to 1997.

And if you have a question about buying one or one you own post it up, all the members will chime in to help. Since there are some other versions that had been released in Japan and Europe that we did not see in the USA hopefully some of friends overseas can fill in some blanks for us?

If you are looking for a quick reference to which models had what options you can print out this PDF file that has all you need to know
http://mazdaroadster.net/Miata90-97S...ata90-97A3.pdf

As promised from my personal collection, I dug out ALL of my old magazines, and Mazda ads, I have scanned all but a few that are too large for my scanner so Ill have to take a photo and upload later.

This was the FIRST ad for the Miata that appeared back in early 1988 ~ 1989. This was when it was still kinda top secret, as the ad just gave some hints what what it might look like.

Miata Ads.jpg