Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Mazda CX-5, The Most Functional Miata Money Can Buy!

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by venicenB View Post
    Yeah. It was cool. During the American Great Recession that started in 2007, Ford sold 20 percent of its stake in Mazda. As part of the same deal, Mazda bought back controlling interest in its own stock. Now Japanese controlled again, Ford and Mazda still enjoy a reciprocating relationship in joint ventures and technology exchange.

Back on topic.......... I'm still in the market for one of these down the road...

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Thanks Given
    When my brother and I were at the Vancouver International Auto Show last month, we were checking out the CX5, and the salesman there was excitedly claiming that it gets 40MPG! I sheepishly smiled and asked if he is quoting figures based on US or Imperial gallon, to which he glumly admitted "imperial". Just a funny side story of how far salespeople will go to try to sell a feature on a vehicle.

I like the look of the CX5, but "looks" really is subjective. I sat in the CX5, walked around and pored over it in detail. I was skeptical at how Mazda can keep the vehicle light and not be tinny like the old Hyundais, but came away impressed with the build quality both inside and out. I may consider downsizing from our CX9 into a CX5 in another couple of years, hopefully all the bugs of the new technology will be pretty much worked out by then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12