Thread: 1990 White Miata

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! ThatWhiteNA's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 BG6S
    Thanks Given

Cool 1990 White Miata

Alright, kids. My plan was to build this car to compete in NASA Spec Miata, but I've come to accept that my dreams of being a mad tyte racing driver are pretty hard to achieve, so I want to buy a more comfortable (4 door, a/c) and responsible car. This car will never be what I want it to be, so I don't want to keep depressing myself. lol My hope is to buy a BG Chassis (1990-1994) Mazda Protege 4WD or LX with the potential monies from this car, if anybody would like to have her. Here's the mod list and some pics.

1990 Miata Base Model - About 170k kilometers (a hair under 106k miles) on the clock. No a/c, de-powered steering rack, fairly sparse interior (no carpet, no radio, etc). Services were up to date according to the previous owner when I bought the car two years ago at 82k miles. She's got a bit of an oil leak (probably the CAS) but it's a slow one. The top is shot, but amazingly doesn't let a lot of moisture in, despite the large holes. The paint is a $50 special. It' needs a new paint job if you want it to look good. If you buy it to be a track slut, then it doesn't matter. lol The stickers are obviously easily removed as well.

-eBay Coilover sleeves (came with the car)
    -BSI Racing Spec Miata Exhaust (I have the stock system as well)
    -Custom made Spec Miata style intake (I have the stock intake from afm to snorkel)
    -Rennemetal Tow Hooks F&R
    -NACA ducted quarter windows (I have the stock glass)
    -Axxis/ULT brake pads with Napa blank rotors.
    -There's NB 15s on the car now, but just bought new tyres for them and I want them for the Protege. I have the stock daisies with usable but close to worn out Kumho economy tyres.
    -Recently replaced shifter bushings.
    -Clutch hydraulics to be replaced soon.

-Custom-made "half cage" by Blue Star Fabrication of Orlando, FL. It's made of 1.5 x.095 DOM tubing, poorly painted white by me, wrapped in SFI roll bar padding and it needs two small welds finished on the feet of the main hoop. I haven't tracked or driven the car aggressively knowing that. It's just my 3 miles a day daily driver at this point. It may be a tight squeeze (built for me, a 5' 9" guy who has stubbly legs) for taller folks, but you could just cut it out and replace it with a Hard Dog bar if you wish. The feet of the rear supports end up right where a HDHC would end up.

I think that's everything. This car is a great daily, returning an average of 35mpg and has never given me trouble. She runs like a top. This could be your next Miata in a collection, your track slut or a Lemons/ChumpCar competitor if you like.

Pre-roll bar. ;)

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Agent☣Orange; 04-29-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    - Team Fail Motorsports: Failing Hardcore Since 2009 -
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Woolery View Post
    You want that Miata cawk...it's what you need.