Thread: o2 Sensor Wiring Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    OK. The colors on the donor connector don't matter so much.

Connect the donor plug into your car's female harness. Look at the wires coming out of the female connector, the colors should match the wires you accidentally cut. Take note of which color goes to each terminal on the female connector and write them down in a way you can remember. The connectors can only be joined in a certain orientation, so maybe sketch a profile of the connector on some paper, label each terminal and splice the harness you cut into the pigtail of the donor connector in the corresponding manor.

You could also plug in the male into the female and label (with tape) each of the four wires on the donor part with the color of wire they correspond to on the female side. Remove the donor, splice the cut wires into it, done.

You can also bypass the stock connector altogether and splice the same colored wires together. You would have to cut off the female side.

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    Red 00'
    Thanks Given
    That's genius! I'll have to wait on this though, as I have an 01+ style header in my car since it was a cali spec, meaning I needed the racing beat o2 extensions. But, thankfully i'm still running the stock o2 sensors so I will pull one and plug it in to the connector to match up the wires. That seems so simplistic now that you mentioned it, thank you!!