It started with a text message from a friend, "I just got offered a miata for free. It doesnt run and the owner doesnt know whats wrong. Should I take a look at it? owner is a good friend of mine and was like i will sign it over to you if you want it or want to take it."

So we went and took a look. The car was owned by this girl's older brother. At just a hair over 100,000 miles something happened; he parked it and never drove it again. It's been sitting for three years with the back window unzipped and the driver's window half down. The car is in rough shape, faded paint, leaves all over the interior and a puddle in the driver's footwell, a man-eating spider under the hood, and a few good sized dents.

Still the opportunity was too good to pass up, so we came back a few days later to get it. Right now I'm not sure what the plan is. We are currently tossing around these three options in no particular order:
1. Fix it and sell it
2. Part it out
3. Fix it and rally cross it

Once we figure out if we'll be able to get it started or how nicely it will clean up we'll figure out what we're going to do. For now we're just happy to have a fun project to work on.