Thread: Roadsternut

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue
    Thanks Given

Roadsternut

I've been around the forums for a long while, with different user names. Never really documented my Roadsters before. So each of these will be by year, starting in 1997. (well, first chunk cover 1997-2000)

November 1997. I had returned to the UK after a spell working in the US, to a new job in Ireland. Cash flow due to the move meant I had to make do with a Peugeot 309 GTi for a while; ultimately forgettable, so after 6 months, I was hankering after a change. Then I happened upon a 1992 silver stone Eunos Roadster, fresh off the boat from Japan, and being utterly mint condition.

Being a bit green in all things Roadster (prior to 1997, the MX5 didn't even register with me as a car), it took me a while cotton on to the fact that this innocuous looking Roadster was very nicely specified with 15" Watanabes, RS8R 4-2-1 header, Fujitsubo FGK exhaust and a Mmm's K&N intake.

I gradually got more an more involved with the MX5 scene, eventually running the MX5 Owners Cub in Northern Ireland. I didn't do a whole lot with this car, except add an aluminium Carbing style bar (which can just about be seen in the photo below), and strip the Wats, repaint them black with a polished lip, because thats what everyone else was doing at the time.

But, then, in April 2000, disaster struck. At a MX5 meet, car thieves took my car, raced it, and torched it. We found it, 30 minutes later.

The insurance company gave me a generous settlement, and 6 weeks to find another MX5. And so the hunt began.
    Last edited by roadsternut; 07-15-2012 at 01:07 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to roadsternut For This Useful Post:

WASABI (12-09-2014)