Mid-June 2009, i bought this fine-ass piece of freshness. U jelly?

I managed to drive it at least a month or two before everything went bad. The car had been "built" by McCormick Motorsports in Louisville, KY. They're awful. The car, and that was about it. Leaked everything, ran like crap, etc etc etc.

4/2/10

I had a bunch of parts stolen off of my car.

Tial 38mm wastegate
Greddy Type S BOV
Intercooler, piping, and all couplers and clamps.

The Greddy was welded to the intercooler.

Basically. It sucked.

So, here's where we stand: I've since purchased:

a Turbosmart Ultragate38 wastegate (black)
2x Turbonetics metal 38mm wg flanges
knockoff Type S bov (for testing purposes)
new oil pan gasket (stupid, i know)
new oil pan bolts
new hose to make a better fitting oil return line
new coolant feed lines
Evo 8 intercooler
shitload of piping, clamps, and couplers, ALL in black.
A/C delete pulley
Addco 1" rear swaybar
Energy Suspension Endlinks f/r
Energy Suspension sway bar bushings f/r

Painted my headlights and corner lights while i was at it. Yellow. Pics below.

Well, during teardown and prep of the car, i discovered something that i wasn't too happy about. The car has a rebuilt title, but everything lined up well, and the car drives perfectly, with no abnormal tire wear, so i figured it had just been the victim of a minor fender bender.

WRONG.

This sucker has been MANGLED at one point up front. There is no main bumper bar. There is only one bumper support/reinforcement, that being on the driver's side. The passenger side had an L-bracket welded to the radiator support to hold up the bumper on that side. That L-Bracket had to be removed for the Evo8 intercooler to fit. So i have to remove it, and get a bumper support.

So today, i spent 3 hours at the junkyard trying to pull one. I got everything off a 1989 MX6 LX, only to snap off the last 4 bolts to get the main bumper reinforcement off, and stupid me, forgot to bring a hammer. Move along, nothing to see here.

Ended up getting one off a 1989 626 LX. Here are some reasons i'm glad i have an MX6, or maybe just a molested MX6, and not a 626

1) I do not have 47 PHILLIPS HEAD screws, nuts, and bolts of assorted sizes holding on my bumper, bumper cover, lip, and inner fenders.
2) I do not have that STUPID chrome trim thing below the headlights.
3) I can get to everything in my engine bay without having to contort around those damn a/c lines that are cluster[fizzle]ed around the coolant overflow tank bracket that i was trying (and didn't succeed) to get. Guess mine will stay held in by speaker wire, huh?

Anyways, i hope this thing fits. I'd like to fire the car tomorrow and drive it. Preferably with the bumper installed.

Pics: (Will also update tomorrow with the first GOOD pictures of the car for everyone to see and laugh at.)