Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rarity - The build from somthing dilapidated to something fast.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Big Red's Avatar
    Drives
    DeLorean
    The Land Downunder. Errr the Upsidedown Place.
    Thanks Given
    Not really much of a update, but more showing what my engine is like."Radical bottom end knock"

:/ Thankfully I have a good condition SN B6 under the bench in the shed, Plans are starting to form on my turbo setup as well.
    Engine swap is coming very soon. I've just got to collect some parts & then its ON!

~Gareth~
    -ROADSTERZOKU-

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power George's Avatar
    Drives
    '98 Evolution orange NB6
    Thanks Given
    sucks about the engine... btw. you set the video to private so we can't play it

Drives
    DeLorean
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    sucks about the engine... btw. you set the video to private so we can't play it
    Cheers George, it should work now. *facepalm*
    ~Gareth~
    -ROADSTERZOKU-

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power George's Avatar
    Drives
    '98 Evolution orange NB6
    Thanks Given
    ouch, it's good you have a spare!

Drives
    DeLorean
    Thanks Given

Been a while since my last update. :/

Not a lot has happened lately
    I'll be getting onto the engine swap within the next month or two, I've just been super busy with work & getting the Girlfriends S13 sorted & road legal.... what alot of fun that has been Stupid Ca18de.......

Although I do have a small thing to add. I picked up a HT for the right price off a local race car that's vinyl wrapped for the build & I have another one coming for my daily at the end of the year/early next year.

So keen to get started on the engine swap.

Cheers Gareth.
    ~Gareth~
    -ROADSTERZOKU-

Drives
    DeLorean
    Thanks Given
    A little bit has been happening since I last updated. Stock springs have been put back into the car along with Koni STR's as that its going for inspection in the next 3 weeks or so if time & money plays nicely.

I have removed the leaky old soft top & I'm just going to leave it as a coupe with the hard top. The original engine & gearbox is now on the floor as of yesterday & the replacement setup (my ex-supercharged engine/gearbox) is going in tomorrow & hopefully I should have her running again by the afternoon if all goes well.

& in other news my daily drive has decided to chew up the front main seal :/ Its due for a major service anyways so I'm pretty happy that its done it now rather than after the major.

& just for good measures my Supercharged daily

Thanks for reading.
    ~Gareth~
    ~Gareth~
    -ROADSTERZOKU-

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power maharaj's Avatar
    Drives
    angry
    Thanks Given
    Looks really good and great find....it has come a long way. I especially like the iscrape sticker.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    great wheel choice!

Drives
    DeLorean
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by maharaj View Post
    Looks really good and great find....it has come a long way. I especially like the iscrape sticker.
    She's seen better days but things will change, I have some big plans in place.
    The iScrape sticker was from the previous owner.... I got a bit of a laugh about it too when I first saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon I Am View Post
    great wheel choice!
    Cheers, I'm a bit of a sucker for the Mazdaspeed MS03's.... I have two sets of them now in the same specs (that set in the classic red) & another set in the silver. they only came in four color configurations from factory the red, silver, black & there was gold as far as I have seen/known of.

Good news today! The engine is in all I have to do is hook up the tail shaft, cooling system, intake & put the exhaust back in.
    Solo effort so far basically done this all on my own except asked my housemates to help lower & guide the engine back into the bay.

& this is Max.... he's my project supervisor
    Last edited by Big Red; 01-31-2013 at 06:25 PM.
    ~Gareth~
    -ROADSTERZOKU-

Drives
    DeLorean
    Thanks Given
    Ok... a little bit of a update.

It runs.... fired the engine up for the first time in a year & a half, well since its been in the old rust bucket donor car that it came out of.
    A little noisy with the lifters on initial fire up but then that's normal for a B6 when its been sitting for that extended period of time.
    only real issue is it has a missfire under load @ 3.5k+ RPM. But I have a feeling that the OEM leads are at fault here & I'm sure a new set of plugs could be a good idea.

I have a video I'll post that up on the weekend......

Oh I also pulled the vynil off the hardtop.... The roof was pretty hot as it's summer here atm so I thought "WHY NOT!"
    Turns out the top is "NB" supreme blue & It flaked the paint off in a few places DOH!
    so yeah she looks a little like a beater.... but i still love it for what it is.

~Gareth~
    -ROADSTERZOKU-

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch GripFTW's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 White
    Thanks Given
    Congrats on getting it running again. Great to see another roadster getting a new lease on life.

Looking forward to seeing what's next!

Drives
    DeLorean
    Thanks Given
    Nothing too special but I took it for a bit of a drive down to the car wash to wash the engine off after the swap and give the interior & exterior a bit of a neaten up.
    after the next few weeks I should be able to get her off to get it inspected and get the license tags sorted out & then let the daily driving commence so I can get the body work all fixed up on the Supercharged car..... So after that I can get this build into full swing!

~Gareth~
    -ROADSTERZOKU-

Drives
    DeLorean
    Thanks Given
    Up on the hoist....

To get one of these fitted.....

I'm not happy with the workmanship as far as the the welding on the catalytic converter goes... I could have done way better myself *facepalm* I'm defiantly not going back to that exhaust shop again to get any work done..... one thing that will be replaced down the track is the exhaust anyway :/

Dropped off at the workshop for mechanical inspections for the roadworthy certification for registration.

Bit of news today I heard back from the workshop this morning good news is i only have three things to fix..... & the list is as follows

-Park brake needs adjusting
    -Blown stop light globe
    -Window washer squirters blocked

I'm pretty happy with the outcome as far as that goes... & now i just have to fix those three things & then she's off for her final inspection to get a set of tags!
    ~Gareth~
    -ROADSTERZOKU-

Drives
    DeLorean
    Thanks Given
    While my car was at getting its final mechanical inspection done a apprentice mechanic backed another customers car into mine...
    I'm very disappointed but the workshop owner said that they would cover the repairs for free.. I'm not happy with their repair job, but then the rest of the car looks a little out of whack anyways.
    The photo below is the damage that they caused before repair, it looks ok & just a little bit of paint had been removed where it creased but the rear section of the guard is rippled to hell.

I have solved the misfiring under load issue by replacing the plugs & leads shes good as gold now.
    < plugz & leadz

In other news I have a set of tags now & my tax is all paid up! Let the daily driving commence.
    ~Gareth~
    -ROADSTERZOKU-

Drives
    DeLorean
    Thanks Given
    Gave the car a bit of a mountain shake down today..... I want coilovers & sways now :/

~Gareth~
    -ROADSTERZOKU-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12