Thread: This ain't no build thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    FINALLY made it home a little over a week ago. Spent some time driving her, had to help with the preps for my oldest step-daughter’s wedding, moved a safe out of my vehicle which didn’t do my lower back any favors. All of that was over with so today I started swapping out the wideband. Did the change-out of the O2 sensor and associated wiring first since it’s still a little bit of a pain moving around. Got that done, I was glad to find that the connecting wiring from the O2 sensor to the gauge is plenty long enough on the AEM. With that all done and the removal of the Megasquirt harness and other wires, I discovered that I did not know which wires to use to connect directly to the CANBUS in the MS. I even disassembled the MS unit to see if I could figure it out with no success. I think I know which wires are the correct ones, but I don’t want to risk being wrong. Sent an e-mail to the builder asking for guidance on this one. Had to push her around the garage to get her lined up back on her side so the wife’s car could fit back in too.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Bryan (10-11-2022),HarryB (10-12-2022)

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    While I was underneath changing out my O2 sensors I noticed there were signs of leakage at the slip-joint on the exhaust pipe. I threw some Kroil on there to make sure I could loosen the joint easily. Today I got back underneath and tightened that clamp up after putting some assemble lube on the threads to make any future adjustment easier.

The other thing I noticed was the right-side muffler outlet was contacting the lower diffuser. Not sure how it shifted as the opening is plenty large enough, but here it was:

A little time with some tape, pencil and my Dremel took care of that problem:

I’ll smooth the edge and round it better the next time I remove the diffuser. I suspect I was getting some extra noise transmitted into the cabin due to that contact, but time will tell for sure.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Bryan (10-20-2022),HarryB (10-21-2022)