Thread: This ain't no build thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Jees Chief, you sure did it the hard way. You only need a screwdriver to get the old one out and to get the new one in because they're flexible. Those usually don't need replacing either, just the lower bushing (the tiny one that goes on the lower shifter ball).

Oh, here's mine from before: http://gearheadsmiataclub.net/vB/sho...hifter-project

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    WOW!!!!! This RX7 is so sweet looking!!! Just love it! Thank you for sharing!
    Thanks. Wait until you see it once I get off my ass and restore it, big things planned.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowYata View Post
    Jees Chief, you sure did it the hard way. You only need a screwdriver to get the old one out and to get the new one in because they're flexible. Those usually don't need replacing either, just the lower bushing (the tiny one that goes on the lower shifter ball).

Oh, here's mine from before: http://gearheadsmiataclub.net/vB/sho...hifter-project
    You forget, I'm a highly trained professional! With tools! It actually wasn't that bad the first time (can't recall right now just why I did it a second time. EDIT: remembered but you will all have to wait as I don't want to put something out of order), just took my time with it. I remember your write-up, it was very well done (and I was jealous of your polish job on the lower bushing). The way I look at things like that, if I have a complete set of replacement parts I might as well take care of it all at once. One less thing for me to worry about while I'm gone, and for my limited time home.
    Last edited by chiefmg; 10-15-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!