Thread: This ain't no build thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    Had another episode of the temperature gauge going up without the fan coming on. Last thing to try was a coolant temperature sensor. Picked one up locally and installed that. On that shake-down I was surprised to see that the coolant was getting colder. Best guess is either it was the wrong one, or a manufacturing defect. Pulled it today and went back up to the local place, explained what went on. They double-checked that the number I gave them crossed correctly to the part number they sold me and it did. Despite electrical items not normally being refunded after use, they did so and said they would damage it out. I have another sensor coming from Amazon.

Received the throttle cable bracket and installed that, I didn’t realize that it is tilted to feed the throttle cable into the throttle body at an angle (not something I have ever looked at on a stock Miata). Alex at SNS also included a sticker that had MATG on it so that is now on my tool cabinet. I put the cable through the two holders along the firewall so it stays where it should. While I was under the hood I lubed the wiper linkage with this dry lube:

I also used the same to lube the antenna mast after cleaning it with alcohol.

I went ahead and removed the stock radio with my aux in cable in favor of the Nakamichi I had installed a while back. It’s more radio than I really need but figure it will work out better for my trip with Bluetooth capability. I did send off the old double-DIN 626 radio I originally installed when I bought her to see about getting the cassette deck repaired and a Bluetooth module installed at this place: https://sites.google.com/view/bishop...tereo-rep/home That will give me an in-dash 6 CD changer, cassette player and the Bluetooth. Should cover everything I want and let me listen to my old cassettes. I’ll let everyone know how that works out.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Bryan (09-14-2023),HarryB (09-14-2023)