Got home from my trip about a week ago. Did the drive in one shot, took about 18 ½ hours (lost probably an hour due to construction and accidents along the way). I did some more research before I left and found some of the problems I was having could be down to a faulty IAT sensor. I read if there was no sensor plugged in, the Megasquirt would use a default temperature of 80 degrees. Figured it couldn’t hurt so that is what I did. Seemed to run better on the way home, except for some issues with idle speed at odd times.

Now that I was paying attention, I saw a direct correlation between outside air temperature and the amount of heat coming up from the transmission tunnel. There was a decent amount of variation during my trip. Once home I ordered a DEI heat shield to install to hopefully fix that problem.

After recuperating and washing her dirty butt, the first thing I did was install the new IAT sensor. Before I did that I took resistance readings of the old and new ones for comparison. What I found was the old sensor showed a measured resistance, while the new one was infinity. That was definitely one problem.

Before I could go any further, the county finally got around to fixing the sidewalk that goes through our driveway so I had to park her out of the garage. That threw my schedule off for a few days. I did snap a nice shot of her in the neighbor’s drive: