Thread: This ain't no build thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    '02 Laser Blue Mica
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,613 Times in 1,406 Posts
    Not gonna lie: if Gene (may he rest in peace) had figured out how to do the KeeniTop without requiring me to drill into the windshield header, I'd have bought it instead of the ProjectG. It's very nice, but it's also very expensive!

Mike, how are you doing your center brace? Check my build for how I did mine if you want some info.
    Quote Originally Posted by DazedAndConfused
    I dont know a word you just said, but that **** sounded COOL.

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    I think I still have a set of the chromed strap hooks for the Frankenstein bolts. If you're interested, I can dig through some boxes.
    Thanks for the offer. If you are talking about what I think you are, mine came with the bikini buckles so I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Not gonna lie: if Gene (may he rest in peace) had figured out how to do the KeeniTop without requiring me to drill into the windshield header, I'd have bought it instead of the ProjectG. It's very nice, but it's also very expensive!

Mike, how are you doing your center brace? Check my build for how I did mine if you want some info.
    I already looked at yours and that is what I did. Bought that same adjuster and cut down my brace. I had to clean up the notch at the back for the rollbar from whoever had it previously.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Bryan (08-15-2023)

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    Found my boost leak! Started removing stuff this morning to change the injectors, found this on the outlet of the intercooler:

When I removed it, I saw what appeared to be damage to the intercooler spigot from the boost pipe hitting it. I sanded off the roughness so the boost tube wouldn’t get cut.

Swapped out my FiveO Motorsports 550cc EV14s for Deatschwerks 700cc injectors. Side by side comparison of the two (DW on the right):

The DWs appear to be slightly shorter which I feel will provide a better fit. While I had everything off I removed one of the isolators for the fuel rail to make sure I didn’t have them in backwards. Measured the extension on both sides of the center part, both were the same dimension. DW thoughtfully included some lube for the O-rings which helps them go together without issue. Buttoned everything back up, taking extra care to get all the boost tubes nice and tight. While pulling around I noticed the passenger side intercooler mounting bolt was a little loose so I tightened that up (thank heaven for pivoting ratcheting wrenches or I would have had to pull a bunch of stuff out).

Test drive afterwards showed good drivability and no discernable fuel smell. Based on past experience I will withholding calling it good until I get more miles on her, but for now I’m happy. She's back to screaming under full boost.

While out I took some more pictures of the bikini top:

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Bryan (08-15-2023),HarryB (08-16-2023),Martin (08-15-2023)