Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324252627282930313474 ... LastLast

Thread: This ain't no build thread!

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    Went to work on my new ship back in October. Managed to make it home for a couple of days to attend my middle son's college graduation. Took a couple of drives thanks to the weather which really helped me relieve some stress.

I have bought a couple of items from an SE being parted by The Parts Group. The two lower radiator supports (I cut mine up to fit the FMIC before I learned what was needed to install without any cutting), some of the carpet pushpins as I am missing a couple, and now the dash. One of the previous owners installed a cupholder and drilled an extra hole to mount it in the lower part of the console on the passenger side. Even though I can't see it this sort of thing bugs me so I've been wanting to get a replacement. That will be on its way shortly.

Thanks Given
    Headed home for the holidays tonight. I have bought a used set of hood hinges, the rear of mine sticks up a little due to the hood lift kit brackets being separate from the hinges. I am going to try to weld the pins from the brackets directly to the hinges and see what that gets me. Pictures when I can.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift NCGreasemonkey's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 NA NA8 w/small tweeks
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 859 Posts
    Dude! Read this entire post last night and, wow!

Thanks for your details, some pics. and the sacrifices you make to earn your pay.

Keep up the updates.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCGreasemonkey For This Useful Post:

chiefmg (12-24-2015),Demon I Am (12-29-2015)

Thanks Given
    You must have been bored! Yeah, with me you only get some pictures (although long-time members of this and other forums can attest I am doing better in that regard).

Made it home to find something I forgot to mention, a complete set of powdercoated rear A-arms. I don't know if these will end up on the Miata, or the 7 if measurements show I will be able to insert a Miata rear end under her.

Thanks Given
    Thanks to a comment on another forum, I started thinking about the issue with my hood gap caused by the lift kit. I decided to do some research. Turns out I had my struts reversed from the recommended position (senior moment) so I swapped them. Still had the hood lift. The research showed early instructions said to remove one of the fender bolts. I noticed the strut bodies had the paint rubbed off in way of the bolt head. I removed the two bolts, hood is flush on the passenger side but still slightly raised on the driver's side. Might have to adjust the hinges (mainly loosening the nuts and letting things settle where they will). I'm going to look for the instructions I got with my kit to see if this is something I overlooked. Not happy with the empty bolt hole, I may get the TDR kit which does require drilling of the hinges but no removal of fender bolts.

Thanks Given
    After much consideration, I decided since I wasn't having any luck with my MS on the communication front I would see if Reverant would take a look at it. He said yes so I pulled it this morning and sent it to him along with the harness and CAN wideband module. I'm hoping he will be able to fix it and return it so I can install it when I get home for some vacation. My wife will just have to deal with not having it to drive on nice days.

Thanks Given
    Home for a short visit. Finally got my hands on the dash I bought (my buddy stored it in his garage until I got home), now I just have to install it. My MS is headed back to me, took a little back and forth communication with Reverant but it will be worth it. He integrated the CAN WB module inside my unit and loaded upgraded firmware. Can't wait to put it in and fire her up.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (02-19-2016),tsingson (02-29-2016)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    Good luck with it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Demon I Am For This Useful Post:

chiefmg (02-19-2016)

Thanks Given
    Thanks Tony. Rev told me he has updated the tune I had on there to include all his upgrades (among them the CAN WB interface and sequential injection) so I should be golden. I might be hard-pressed to keep rubber on the wheels now.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

tsingson (02-29-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Glad you are back to shore safe, again. Hope the work went well. Nice to see the update. Just let us know how she does with the revamped MS.
    ... Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    ...and don't be like an NCGreasemonkey.
    For the thread on Noir click below
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....e-light-Slowly

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NCGreasemonkey For This Useful Post:

chiefmg (02-21-2016)

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    Thanks Tony. Rev told me he has updated the tune I had on there to include all his upgrades (among them the CAN WB interface and sequential injection) so I should be golden. I might be hard-pressed to keep rubber on the wheels now.
    That should have been ignition. Sometimes I have brain fade.

Quote Originally Posted by NCGreasemonkey View Post
    Glad you are back to shore safe, again. Hope the work went well. Nice to see the update. Just let us know how she does with the revamped MS.
    I definitely will. Hoping it will show up this week early so I can have her running for next Saturday's local cars & coffee.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (02-21-2016),tsingson (02-29-2016)

Thanks Given
    Mail lady brought me a present today. My MS has finally returned from Reverant. For anyone interested, it took 11 days for the various postal services to get it back to me. The Greek post office site tracking is even worse than USPS, the last status for a while was for 16 Feb showing it sitting in one place. The final update today was to show it was delivered. I tried checking the USPS site but it did not recognize the Greek tracking number (despite the fact it had to have been checked in some manner).

Anyway, I have it mounted to its bracket for installation in a bit. The pieces that were inside the WB CAN module are now inside of my original unit, and the wiring harness has been modified to have the serial connection for the WB as well as the OBD connection I added. I am not sure what the two extra wires that are twined are for, I've sent Rev a message asking about them.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

tsingson (02-29-2016)

Thanks Given
    Finally got around to pulling the replacement dash apart. See pictures for details. First you have to remove the vent tubes (remove all of them, I left in the one you see in the picture initially but there is a screw behind it). Then there are 10 screws holding the crash bar in place (all are the same except for the one gold screw in the flat bar located beneath the glovebox). You then remove 16 screw to separate the black dash pad from the colored lower section. It was then I found out the VIN tag is attached to a black part that is one piece with the lower section. So I will have to source the correct pop rivets so I can change the VIN tag over.

'00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (02-26-2016),tsingson (02-29-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Stay on-shore and come work with me when it comes time to do Ram, Expedition, Excursion, Dakota, Grand Cherokee and Silverado heater cores and door actuators. You got the skills.
    ... Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    ...and don't be like an NCGreasemonkey.
    For the thread on Noir click below
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....e-light-Slowly

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NCGreasemonkey For This Useful Post:

chiefmg (02-26-2016)

Thanks Given
    No thanks.

Just got through installing the MS, doesn't get any easier contorting myself under the dash. Car fired right up, but the CEL is on continuously. Message sent to Reverant to find out what is up with that.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (02-26-2016),tsingson (02-29-2016)

Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324252627282930313474 ... LastLast