Well since I'm going to call Europe - more specifically the Azores - home for the next year or so I figured I would start a thread documenting my stay on the islands and any trips I take on the mainland. I also thought it might be a good way to meet some of the European miata folks. I highly doubt anyone on here lives on the islands (although I've seen a couple NBs already).

Here are some pics of the local town right outside of base. It's a very small town, with small cobblestone streets in most parts of the interior. My boss wanted to show me the town and took me with her when she got her nails done.

All pics taken with a Nikon D5000 and 35mm f/1.8

This was just outside the nail salon my boss was at. (The focal point was at the end of the street)

This was a cool sculpture/statue right next to the harbor/marina.

This series was taken along the waterfront before I got to the sculpture.

This was heading up to one of the many churches in the town

This one turned out to be one of my favorite shots of the day. My only gripe are the two flag poles right in the middle of the picture. I don't have photoshop so I couldn't edit them out. I have two different versions. The first one I "warmed up" the photo with basic Mac editing software. I like cause it adds a touch of color to the brick. The second is the original.

So thats my first island photo dump. There will be many more to come over the next 15 months. Please feel free to comment on them and what I can do better as far as exposure, composition, ideas, etc.