Thread: My new daily driver

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! SpeedWorks's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 miata; current build
    Thanks Given

My new daily driver

I have been in need of a new daily driver for a while. My wife gave me an amazing gift and got me the truck i've been wanting.

check it out:

this really won't be a project, but i will be fixing some stuff on the truck and refurbishing other things on the truck. whatever I do that seems of interest to you all, i'll make sure to take pics and post up on here.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    Looks good. I think a 4-door truck is the perfect companion vehicle for a Miata.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Very nice indeed. Congratulations! I think a 4X4 is a perfect second car for a Miata owner. After you drive one, you appreciate the other, and visa-versa.

-Jim

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
    Very nice indeed. Congratulations! I think a 4X4 is a perfect second car for a Miata owner. After you drive one, you appreciate the other, and visa-versa.
    I agree to a certain extent. If I can get back to work anytime soon, I'm debating picking up a Colorado for the Ohio winters. I currently have an Explorer but despise it, which is compounded more every time I switch from the Miata to the Explorer.

Thread jack ended; Nice looking truck!
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

Drives
    '91 miata; current build
    Thanks Given
    thanks everyone. this one isn't a 4x4, but i live in miami and don't do any offroading, so i didn't need the 4x4 option. but i need a 4 door vehicle and still wanted to have a truck, so this was the perfect option. i'm loving it so far. it'll also do well when my miata is done if i ever need to tow it around.

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Nice pickup man! Is it the supercharged version? I am hoping for a very white winter here. It probably won't happen but I hope it does.

Drives
    '91 miata; current build
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    Nice pickup man! Is it the supercharged version? I am hoping for a very white winter here. It probably won't happen but I hope it does.
    not the supercharged version, but actually glad about that. the sc version is a gas guzzler and i honestly don't need the extra power for a daily driver. its quite awesome as it is. needs a little minor things here and there, but all in all, its a great truck