Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bodyshop hayashi kitted mk1 found in field in norfolk......

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    If She's originally a BRG, can we look up the vin? Is she a 1991? Is she one of the original 4000? I would think this would make her more rare-er. Photos look great, and I LOVE seeing the small details, like the rear lights. Very cool the they are shaped into the rear fenders. Have fun.

-Jim

Drives
    90 NA6
    Thanks Given
    Thanks for posting more photos! I'm starting to get really excited about this build!

How did it get there? Who brought it over? How long has it been sitting for? Did the owners have any idea what they had? We may never know.
    Boss Performance Shift Knobs!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

adamvanxxx: I just realized the S in your logo is a header.
    hippari: my mind is so blown right now.

Idling - Listen to it purr... HMSMotorsport's Avatar
    Drives
    Black 92 Eunos Roadster Track Car
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by bedheadben View Post
    Thanks for posting more photos! I'm starting to get really excited about this build!

How did it get there? Who brought it over? How long has it been sitting for? Did the owners have any idea what they had? We may never know.
    Working on that one as we speak. I've got a mate who speaks Japanese so is going to draft an email to Jack Hayashi for us, and also fired off an email to the importer today.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! NAautoxer's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    i love it. even in it's all beat-up state.. looks really wild..

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! roy obanion's Avatar
    Drives
    Anything I can get my hands on!
    Thanks Given
    I'll be watching this...can't wait to see what you guys do with it.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Benbrg's Avatar
    Drives
    BRG 91
    Thanks Given
    I wonder if it was imported from Japan? I'm sure thats the only full hayashi that far from home.

If it was originally a brg it was probably the j special.
    100% BRG 0% Primer

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone SM16RMSM's Avatar
    Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    I notice that it doesn't have the mirrors like in the magazine. Either than that, what a great find. Poor car need some work. I despise the previous owner for not taking good care of the car.

Idling - Listen to it purr... cribbohx's Avatar
    Drives
    too many!
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    Wow it looks really nice in the BRG, and Maybe some Gold or Bronze G7 would make it really pop! I cant wait to see this restored to its former glory!

Ill get those photos scanned you PM'ed me about, in the meantime you can find some more info here

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....y-Shop-Hayashi
    Many many thanks... a scan of that 1997 article would be fab. Thanks to for the link to the Hayashi Body Shop thread too.

Drives
    too many!
    Thanks Given
    Ok...well, i'm sure this isn't the only Hayashi in the UK... an MX5nutz friend commented that he saw one at an OC meet a while back but that may have just been the nosecone, not sure. Also the link below from mx5nutz refers to an ebay ad not too long ago. The op incorrectly thought it may be a Clubsport and unfortunately the ebay ad has gone but later in the thread a poster puts up some comparison pics below... this shows an HBC car which in fact would imo have been imported to and registered in the UK at the same time as mine (showing reg H481JBJ ... mine is H526JBJ). I will find time to do some proper detective work and we'll take a closer look at the car in the next couple of weeks.

Rare Widebody 'clubsport' Mk1 For Sale!

Drives
    too many!
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by HMSMotorsport View Post
    Hello all, I'm another piece of this puzzle. The car is being stored at my house at the moment so Mrs Cribbohx doesn't see it. Having driven it to work this morning it really does drive well, but I'm pretty sure the engine is standard. If anything it might have a different ECU as it appears to have a V-TEC like syndrome above 4,500 rpm which no other roadster I have driven has had.

It does drive very well though and the heaters work which is a bonus compared with my car!
    James is storing the car for me at the mo' and we have a bet for a "pint" on the engine...he reckons its a boggo 1.6 and i'm thinking different. The engine doesn't respond like any 1.6 i've owned (and there been a few now) also the engine note is very low... it performs much more like the 1.8's i've driven, so, i'm hoping and praying that I discover a 1.6 bored out by Jack Hayashi. Either way i'm on a winner... either its JH tuned or if not , one way or another this car will receive my entire FM Link managed 228 bhp turbo set up and running gear... and either way, James or me will be enjoying a free pint!

I'm going to enjoy this build!... (in between wheeler dealering other cars to pay for it!)

Drives
    too many!
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by SM16RMSM View Post
    I notice that it doesn't have the mirrors like in the magazine. Either than that, what a great find. Poor car need some work. I despise the previous owner for not taking good care of the car.
    Indeed a shame the wing mirrors are missing as they do look extreamly cool ... i guessing that this option wasn't purchased by the original buyer...Phatmiata's advert link below seems to show that each of the components in the kit was separately priced.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! hooligan's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by cribbohx View Post
    Ok...well, i'm sure this isn't the only Hayashi in the UK... an MX5nutz friend commented that he saw one at an OC meet a while back but that may have just been the nosecone, not sure. Also the link below from mx5nutz refers to an ebay ad not too long ago. The op incorrectly thought it may be a Clubsport and unfortunately the ebay ad has gone but later in the thread a poster puts up some comparison pics below... this shows an HBC car which in fact would imo have been imported to and registered in the UK at the same time as mine (showing reg H481JBJ ... mine is H526JBJ). I will find time to do some proper detective work and we'll take a closer look at the car in the next couple of weeks.

Rare Widebody 'clubsport' Mk1 For Sale!

that red one used to live near me on the south coast, missed out on buying it by mere hours

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    red 1993
    Thanks Given
    I like the wide looks of it. But I dont like the wheels, dunno why but Watanabe style wheels dont like the look when their 2/3 part wheels.

Drives
    too many!
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by samulis View Post
    I like the wide looks of it. But I dont like the wheels, dunno why but Watanabe style wheels dont like the look when their 2/3 part wheels.
    ...each to their own Sam', it was the wheels that attracted me.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! afc2112's Avatar
    Drives
    Red 1991
    Thanks Given
    This looks like it will clean up nicely. Provided the rust is manageable. The po gave up on this thing...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast