My wife's 10ae spends it's life outside. The SOCAL sun can be brutal on it, especially the headlights.

I have been trying various polishes at varying price points. So far I have two, Mother's headlight kit with the foam ball you put into the chuck of a cordless drill. I think it was $25.

It worked pretty well, as it was the first time I had done this to this car.
I particularly liked the foam ball, it was easy to use. I just used some blue painter's tape around the headlight to keep the fluids from splattering on the bumper.

I didn't use the sanding pads as the fluids in the kit worked pretty well.

Fast forward about 3 months and the headlights started to yellow again. I expected this, but I guess not this quickly. I guess it will be something I will need to do every few months? I am considering wet-sanding them, but I want to remove them to do this.

I was at an auto parts store, getting some supplies for an oil change and I saw the Turtle Wa kit on sale for $8. I am not a fan of Turtle Wax products. The only thing I used from them in the last 10 years is the ICE liquid wax and I only used it on my e36 M3. It has this textured plastic that as hard to keep black and I found the ICE worked great on it.

Anyways, I'm a little skeptical, but $8, right?

10 minutes on each side, by hand, just the polishing fluid, and had better results.

Here are some before & after shots:

I might try the polishing paste from the Turtle Wax kit with the foam ball from the Mother's kit.

Has anyone had any better experience with something else?