Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So ya, I got hit. Working out the kinks now.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone SM16RMSM's Avatar
    Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given

So ya, I got hit. Working out the kinks now.

So, Monday, 11/26/12, I was rear ended in my MSM. It just my luck. Only a year and a half later from another rear end collision that totaled my 97 M-Edition NA.

I was traveling north on Orange Ave in Orlando when traffic came to a stop. I ended up stopping and I was at a stand still for about 3-4 seconds before I heard the tires squealing from behind me. I looked up and noticed the Chevy Truck behind me sliding into me. You know the rest. The best part was that his truck's bed was full of those small paving bricks so I assuming he does landscaping. That must of added a few extra pounds to the weight of his truck. His front bumper was sitting higher due to the extra weight in the rear. His bumper landed straight on the rear panel. It completely missed my bumper and hit the license plate. Everything is pushed in. Luckily, I wasn't hurt. The damaged assessment is the right taillight, truck lid, rear bumper, and the rear panel needs to be straightening. I pulled most of my trunk apart to see the damaged if very minor to what I compared it too (my last rear end collision). No frame damage and no damage to the trunk floor. Just the back panel is pushed in which can be pulled back out. I have a badass body shop doing the work.

So, I ended up getting a police report and driver exchange for insurance. I called his insurance and filed a claim. I didn't get a call back from them the following business day, so I ended up calling them today to find out what is going on. After going through the claim with someone from Tampa, I was notified that his insurance was cancelled on the 17th. They haven't been able to get ahold of the guy who hit me to notify him that he has no insurance. SO I AM SCREWED. Well, I talked to my insurance and they will get the MSM fixed but I going to give the guy who hit me a chance to pay for the damaged out of pocket before I turn him into the police and the state. If I don't here from him today, I will file a claim with my insurance, the police, and the DMV/State.

These picture shows the damaged more.

So I will keep updating what happens next.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! iKhanh's Avatar
    Drives
    Red 1990 NA6
    Thanks Given
    at least it doesn't look too bad, however it's still unfortunate.

Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    The damage isn't bad at all. I can still use the truck. It opens and closes fine. But I have to close it slowly. I got one repair estimate and they quoted me $3,200 since they think the paint is a special color. They don't realize that it is factory, so they quoted high on it.

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Sorry to hear that man. Mine was recently hit while parked at a baseball field. Luckily the driver left a note and I contacted him and his insurance paid for everything. I hope you get this guy.

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Just glad he was not traveling too fast, and slam into you, could have been real bad.......

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Thumper13's Avatar
    Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    Man,that sucks,sounds like YOU are ok so that's good. Now as for the deadbeat that slammed you...........for a few $$$ and a Pizza I believe I have a way to persuade him to ante up.

If the police don't do right by you just send me a PM.

Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    So I found my game plan. The guy who hit me has no insurance and I will have to have my insurance pay for the damages. Best part was that he has no money to pay for the damaged out of pocket and if a have a problem with that, "SUE ME". SO, I called my insurance and filed a claim. My insurance will go after him for the damaged. Most likely he will get sued from my insurance.

Thumper, I fine. It did shake me up a bit but this whole no insurance is driving me up the wall. Best part was the officer never wrote him a ticket. Since he was at fault (and there is a police report), it was going to be a hassle for him to pay his insurance over the damaged. Well, behold, his insurance is no good now. I am contacting the officer who responded to the accident tomorrow. He was off yesterday and today, I will inform him of what is going on and hopefully he will have his driver license suspended. I am going to contact the DMV and let them know too.
    Last edited by SM16RMSM; 11-29-2012 at 10:34 PM. Reason: editing, spell checking

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power maharaj's Avatar
    Drives
    angry
    Thanks Given
    Could have been worse, imagine if you were injured. Good thing you got a police report though because the insurance will use that info to go after him and it shouldn't affect your insurance rate.

Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    maharaj, I being told the same thing from my insurance company. They tell me that since I was not at fault, my rate won't go up.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Tkblazer's Avatar
    Drives
    Black 94
    Thanks Given
    Man that sucks, I'm going through a similar thing with a hit and run driver.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Thumper13's Avatar
    Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by SM16RMSM View Post
    So I found my game plan. The guy who hit me has no insurance and I will have to have my insurance pay for the damages. Best part was that he has no money to pay for the damaged out of pocket and if a have a problem with that, "SUE ME". SO, I called my insurance and filed a claim. My insurance will go after him for the damaged. Most likely he will get sued from my insurance.

Thumper, I fine. It did shake me up a bit but this whole no insurance is driving me up the wall. Best part was the officer never wrote him a ticket. Since he was at fault (and there is a police report), it was going to be a hassle for him to pay his insurance over the damaged. Well, behold, his insurance is no good now. I am contacting the officer who responded to the accident tomorrow. He was off yesterday and today, I will inform him of what is going on and hopefully he will have his driver license suspended. I am going to contact the DMV and let them know too.
    If all else fails......use the Thumper Collection and Debt Remediation Service. Louisville Slugger or the twins,one way or another

Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper13 View Post
    If all else fails......use the Thumper Collection and Debt Remediation Service. Louisville Slugger or the twins,one way or another
    I will have to take you up on that if the time comes.

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SM16RMSM View Post
    Sounds like challenge accepted? This person doesn't seem that smart. Prepare to go the distance.

Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    Sounds like challenge accepted? This person doesn't seem that smart. Prepare to go the distance.
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Any updates?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast