Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! RetroModern's Avatar
    Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given

Hello world!

Hey everybody,
    I just wanted to say hello to everyone in the Miata community. Some of you in the SF Bay Area already know about RetroModern, while many of you do not. I hope that this sponsorship would change that. I have searched long and hard for a community in which to officially launch RetroModern to the world, and I've been blessed with the opportunity to do it here. I am excited to be able to showcase all the things that I have been creating to you fine people. But before we get much further into the buying and selling, let me tell you about RetroModern, and what we stand for.

- RetroModern is about retro styling, in a modern world.
    - What sets RM apart? When we design our parts, we try to make it modular so that time does not make it irrelevant.
    - Why is this important? Because trends change. We do not feel that you should have to overhaul everything just to be relevant. Our parts and accessories are designed to be mixed and matched so that you can create the perfect look for your car.
    - Why doesn't RM have performance oriented parts? Because it isn't what RM is all about. We are about style and form. Function is best left to the people who are passionate about that stuff. RM is passionate about making your car look good.
    - Why should you buy a RM product? I'll give you 3 reasons.

• Low Production Volume. We don't believe in flooding the market.
    • High attention to detail. We go through a ton of revisions before getting the right one to sell.
    • Meticulous QA. We believe that a good product speaks for itself. It takes a bit longer to bring to market but its so worth it in the end.That is our promise to you.

Well, that is the end of my spiel. Thank you for reading and we look forward to bringing a bit of Retro to your Modern ride.
    -Ken
    RetroModern

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    I really like the speaker grill inserts for the 1993-LE Miata that you designed, but I cannot find the link to them now, do you have a photo of those that you can post?

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Cxmoney's Avatar
    Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    I really like the speaker grill inserts for the 1993-LE Miata that you designed, but I cannot find the link to them now, do you have a photo of those that you can post?
    I have got to see these!! Is there a link, price, anymore info??

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cxmoney View Post
    I have got to see these!! Is there a link, price, anymore info??
    I think this is still in development? maybe Ken can chime in here? But im down for a set! hahaha

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Will the NB be getting any support?

Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    Will the NB be getting any support?
    yes, the NB will be getting modular climate control knobs that the NA will not get.
    Here's a prototype shot of what it should look like. The design is not set in stone so please feel free to chime in with your comments and observations. They were slated to go into production this month but we have decided to push back the production date because we have not come up with a design that we are entirely happy with.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch
    Drives
    Twilight Blue 99
    Thanks Given
    Hooray NB stuff, I like what you're doing and will probably be spending too much money with you in the future....thanks I guess lol. Please please please make NB door panels

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! jux's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 White A-pkg, '08.5 CWP MS3
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroModern View Post
    yes, the NB will be getting modular climate control knobs that the NA will not get. Here's a prototype shot of what it should look like. The design is not set in stone so please feel free to chime in with your comments and observations.
    I know I'm getting back to this way late. Do you happen to have a more well-lit photo of these prototypes? I'll be retrofitting an NB HVAC head into my NA in the not too distant future, and something like these would be amazing! If the NA pieces are any indication, I think whatever you come up with for the NB unit will be just fine.
    '90 "LE" with red bits - 7/6 Flex, FM Front Bar, 14x7 +19 RPF1, PWR, SPAL, Maxim Works, Thermal R&D, HDHCSDM2, Zoom, Anvil II, 330mm mahogany Deep Corn, AC/PS delete, LE interior, attitude
    '08.5 CWP MS3 GT - AST 4100, TriPoint Rear Sway and Links, JBR STS w/ bushings and lockout plate, Moddiction Anvil II

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Cxmoney's Avatar
    Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given

Hello world!

Me too!! Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    The red is sexy as hell. Would hate to be walking around the car admiring the interior only to see a tan dash. Kinda like seeing a hot chick and finding a dick in the middle.

Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given
    Sorry i havent had a chance to surf the forum today. The LE inserts are pending me getting my hands on a set. If you guys want to help me out, id really appreciate it. I need to have some pictures of the back of that metal panel, and if you can get me the diameter of the opening, that would go far in getting these made asap. I have no idea on pricing at this point.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    I think it would be awesome as hell if you could make a variant of those that would fit with manual windows. That's the only reason I have not bought a set yet

Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given
    I am working on something like that. It is designed to work with our 80's inspired speaker grills and manual crank windows. It will also allow you to mount a tweeter if youre running component speakers. Here's a prototype drawing that i did that illustrates what the mounts will look like. I am a huge fan of the Art Deco styling so most of my stuff will tend to gravitate towards that style.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Tkblazer's Avatar
    Drives
    Black 94
    Thanks Given
    Aww crap, I just went on your site and will most likely purchase your entire product line

Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given
    haha great. everything is meant to work with each other so you should be pretty happy.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    I want those door panels! I need to win the lottery so I can afford my car habit!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast