Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello world!

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch
    Drives
    Twilight Blue 99
    Thanks Given
    Hooray NB stuff, I like what you're doing and will probably be spending too much money with you in the future....thanks I guess lol. Please please please make NB door panels

Drives
    Chaste White 96 NA
    Thanks Given
    Yo Ken, I have an extra set of LE speaker grilles you can check out to get your measurements etc. I'll talk to ya later today about it.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    You will most likely need the black plastic backing plates they mount to as well, that is what the black speaker mesh is attached to on the OEM plates.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! RetroModern's Avatar
    Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given
    Demon, i am working on those! Samples should be available shortly.
    Das, I'll have to see about the NB door panels. I have a 99 so those would require quite a bit of modification to work. But the 01+ are easy to do. Maybe ill start on those first.
    Randy: I spoke to Willis, and he's agreed to lend me his set. I should have something up for you guys soon. Yay!!

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroModern View Post
    Randy: I spoke to Willis, and he's agreed to lend me his set. I should have something up for you guys soon. Yay!!
    Wooo woooooooo

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! jux's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 White A-pkg, '08.5 CWP MS3
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroModern View Post
    yes, the NB will be getting modular climate control knobs that the NA will not get. Here's a prototype shot of what it should look like. The design is not set in stone so please feel free to chime in with your comments and observations.
    I know I'm getting back to this way late. Do you happen to have a more well-lit photo of these prototypes? I'll be retrofitting an NB HVAC head into my NA in the not too distant future, and something like these would be amazing! If the NA pieces are any indication, I think whatever you come up with for the NB unit will be just fine.
    '90 "LE" with red bits - 7/6 Flex, FM Front Bar, 14x7 +19 RPF1, PWR, SPAL, Maxim Works, Thermal R&D, HDHCSDM2, Zoom, Anvil II, 330mm mahogany Deep Corn, AC/PS delete, LE interior, attitude
    '08.5 CWP MS3 GT - AST 4100, TriPoint Rear Sway and Links, JBR STS w/ bushings and lockout plate, Moddiction Anvil II

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    Why are the door panels no longer on your website? There is a picture of them in the slideshow on the home page, but they are not listed anywhere for sale?

Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given
    Thats because the ones in the slide show are the version1's. I'll be doing the version2's at the end of the month. the 2's are going to look much better..

JUX: those will be offered soon. That image is just the prototype shot and dark because i didnt want to show off too much of it until im ready to offer them.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    Oh awesome!! I'm looking forward to it! I'll definitely be ordering a set of those sometime!

Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given
    Just a preview of the material, it will be a distressed style vinyl. it will more closely match the NA's existing pattern. It will also be double stitched, but it will not be the puffy like the ver1's. It will be a flat piece. also the diamonds will be larger. The look that i am going for is like the picture below, with the bigger diamonds.
    If you look at the door and headliner, thats what i am going for. The seats are more like the ver1's. If people want the puffy look, those are going to be hand stitched so it will take some time to get those done. Its an option.

Drives
    Thanks Given

Re: Hello world!

Nice example pic! I'm just gonna blow stupid amounts of money... Is that what you're saying? Lol
    Time to check out this facebook page I've been hearing about.
    '90 "LE" with red bits - 7/6 Flex, FM Front Bar, 14x7 +19 RPF1, PWR, SPAL, Maxim Works, Thermal R&D, HDHCSDM2, Zoom, Anvil II, 330mm mahogany Deep Corn, AC/PS delete, LE interior, attitude
    '08.5 CWP MS3 GT - AST 4100, TriPoint Rear Sway and Links, JBR STS w/ bushings and lockout plate, Moddiction Anvil II

Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given
    heck yah! lets kick start this economy!

Drives
    Thanks Given

Re: Hello world!

Exactly!

Those HVAC panels...I love two of em. The blossoms and what looks like gears (bottom left). Different is good!
    If someone wants a classy knurled piece anywhere possible, have you given any thought to the dash dimmer wheel? Clearly not as visible as items in the middle, but seems like it could be a candidate.

Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given
    I just took mine apart to look at the part and its totally do-able. maybe ill do a limited run of those too.

Edited: Maybe something like this?

Last edited by RetroModern; 04-13-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Like I said on facebook, looks very nice! Now you have me wondering if there's anything else in or on the dash that might be a candidate for replacement. Hmmm...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast