Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I LOVE Miatas and all but.....

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Lesac's Avatar
    Drives
    Lots of cars
    Thanks Given
    a slammed car definitely does not have to be a rough riding car there are solutions. but its just all about what your after and how much you work youd like to do. you can build a custom setup for the same price as a set of cheap coils and they will be every bit as good performance wise if not much better and ride nicer at the same time.
    Build thread ~~>1995 Mazda Miata <~~ ~~2006 Subaru WRX STI~~1991 Infiniti M30~~

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesac View Post
    a slammed car definitely does not have to be a rough riding car there are solutions. but its just all about what your after and how much you work youd like to do.

you can build a custom setup for the same price as a set of cheap coils and they will be every bit as good performance wise if not much better and ride nicer at the same time.
    Totally agree with the first sentence, and I could not disagree more with the second one. Oh you can build all kinds of things for less money than custom, but it won't ride nicely as a daily driver. I and others have tried, and failed MISERABLY. Something about a Miatas suspension constraints (suspension travel, a proper valving, etc) that makes it tough!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Lesac's Avatar
    Drives
    Lots of cars
    Thanks Given
    I think we are on the same page I probably just worded that wrong. I know my car doesnt ride as well as it did stock, but its still very smooth and I have been very happy with it.
    It is very tough yes, but there are a few things Ive found that have made the biggest difference and that is revalving as you've said as well as changing spring rates and adding FM top hats. I cant tell you what a difference FM top hats made in the back of my car.
    Build thread ~~>1995 Mazda Miata <~~ ~~2006 Subaru WRX STI~~1991 Infiniti M30~~

The Technical Guy RuckkehrMiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Red `89 NA
    Thanks Given
    I feel uncomfortable in cars where I cannot feel the road. When I drive my GFs car I feel completely blind not feeling the road markers, paint, and small dips.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by RuckkehrMiata View Post
    I feel uncomfortable in cars where I cannot feel the road. When I drive my GFs car I feel completely blind not feeling the road markers, paint, and small dips.
    I can assure you that you can feel the road, without feeling like you are driving an ox cart. It is not cheap, but it is VERY doable.
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch mc70's Avatar
    Drives
    '96 Chaste White
    Thanks Given
    I just moved from my OEM 7spoke wheels and 185/60s to a 15" wheel and 195/50 Yokohama S-Drive tires. I'm on old OEM suspension (until tomorrow) and that change alone made such a profound difference I would never have imagined it. While my car is nearly pristine, and rattle-free, the chudder and chop of the road was nearly eliminated.

If your car is riding that rough; you have some seriously worn or mismatched components.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone DK Wolf's Avatar
    Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Miatas are cheap, dirt cheap. I wouldn't give two shits if it rattled since I paid 600 bucks for mine and I beat the ever living tar out of my Miata. Offroading and wanna-be rallying up at Blackstar Canyon and other Jeep trails. I didn't care about creaks and moans since it was an old essentially shitty car.

I had my Porsche or Yukon for when I wanted a decent ride anywhere.
    1994 Mazda Miata, 1992 Mazda Miata Sold, 1995 Mazda Rx7 (500hp) Sold, 1999 Subaru GC8 (310hp) Sold

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Gene Rodriguez's Avatar
    Drives
    1992 NA Mariner Blue
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 429 Posts
    lmao people are scared to ride in my car my hardtop creeks when i go on a slope angled and the feeling of my lips scraping

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Gene Rodriguez's Avatar
    Drives
    1992 NA Mariner Blue
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 429 Posts
    just because i can feel everything doesnt mean its a terrible ride. aha i just hear a lot of things and i personally like the stiff bouncy ride

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! scsi's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Mazda Miata Sport
    Thanks Given
    i always thought fairly highly of teins and had tein flex on my old rx8 as well as my miata. back then, i figured good race suspension was just going to be harsh and i was ok with that

fast forward to the Xida-S from 949 utilizing AST dampers and 700lb front and 450lb rear spring rates. these are a bit stiffer sprung than my teins which were 10k/7k (560/392), yet my xida handle better AND are more plush. it's all about quality dampers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12