Thread: Powder coating in Orlando

The Technical Guy RuckkehrMiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Red `89 NA
    Thanks Given

Powder coating in Orlando

So I am looking to get my valve cover and eventually other small parts powder coated.
    I contacted a local Orlando powder coaters for a quote on the cover, and they said it would take 12 days and cost $350.
    Is it just me or does this seem like someone in their shop is smoking crack?
    My friends in California said they could get it done for roughly $30 if I had a spare to ship off to do so (it is on my DD and was hoping to only have it down for a week tops).

Do any Orlando guys know a reliable, reasonable powder coater in the Orlando area?
    Last edited by RuckkehrMiata; 04-22-2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: accidentally a word
    `89 NA build: 二回目 My (defunct) `92 NA build: Ruckkehr

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Cost me about $70 for the valve cover at ProCoat here in Tampa, FL. the do a lot of the HotRods and Muscle cars in the area.

Drives
    Red `89 NA
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    Cost me about $70 for the valve cover at ProCoat here in Tampa, FL. the do a lot of the HotRods and Muscle cars in the area.
    $70 sounds extraordinarily more reasonable than $350, and while not close enough to just hop in my SO's car and spin over, might be something to consider. Maybe I should just shell out for a spare cover to send off.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    If you give them a bunch of parts and are doing them all in the same color you can probably get a better price.

There are quite a few guys in the local club that have used them before. http://www.procoatpc.com/

Drives
    Red `89 NA
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    If you give them a bunch of parts and are doing them all in the same color you can probably get a better price.

There are quite a few guys in the local club that have used them before. http://www.procoatpc.com/
    I sent them an email, thanks for the reference!.
    Ideally I would send my cover and calipers at the same time but the two projects will be separated by a few months or so.

Drives
    Red `89 NA
    Thanks Given
    Alan from http://www.procoatpc.com/ is a wonderful guy. He was very straightforward, gave me the quote I was looking for, and explained quite a few things about my different coating ideas. He even commented on how he thought they would look finished haha. Now I just have to figure out when I can afford to have the car sit in the garage for 6 days (note: half the time quote of the other place).