Yes, you read that correctly. And no, it was not a ploy to drag you in here... Well maybe it was a little bit... Before we get into anything regarding how a panda could be an accident, lets start at the beginning. No not my parents bedroom, a little after that...

I do have another build thread, it is about my '94, a car I consider a toy. I love that car, I really do. But I didnt build it, I cant take credit for most of what it is. And somehow, the car you are about to see, has also become somewhat of a toy. Regardless, we have been through alot together, a 1,000 mile a week commute can do that. Anyway, on to the story!!

The '94 was my first foray into the Miata world, I traded my first, and last Rx-7 for it. And I also traded my then daily driver a 1982 Corolla wagon. This left me with my 1990 240sx POS drift missile. Not really the ideal candidate for a daily driver. So I posted it the day I got the '94 for trade. After two days I was offered a 1991 Miata, no pics, I said what the hell! bring it up here!

Well the top was down for a reason... It was more duct tape than top...

Yep, not sponsored by mommy and daddy!

I LOL'd

I CANT FIND ONE WITH A D@MNED TOMBSTONE!!!!!!!!!11!1!!1!

Oooooh glossy black fenders... Those would work on the '94! Unfortunately he did not have a title. It took him nearly two weeks, but he came back with a legit title!

It also had poly bushings throughout, KYB AGX paired to Eibach Pro-kit springs... And my favorite part? A torsen swap!!! I was pumped! Perfect car to daily, just need to paint the front end white!! At least that was the plan...

First things first, the black top HAD to go. First time it rained, it leaked like CRAZY! So I washed the car, took off all the stickers, and popped the tan top from the '94 onto it.

Fender swap!!!

Sooo the flat black nose was driving me NUTS! So I painted the fenders and bumper white. Unfortunately it made the rest of the car look like crap. I was planning on painting the hood and headlight covers, but I quickly lost focus of that.

Clear coated the nose! Also one of the manual mirrors fell off, so I bought the first thing I found on CL which was a set of black power mirrors.

And then I got a free can of Key lime Rustoleum...

Also around this time the top blew open on the interstate, it blew what was left of the vinyl back window out. But nothing else was damaged. I ended up epoxying in a piece of lexan into the opening. This didnt last long as the top wouldnt go down properly with that window in place. It was replaced with a piece of transparent vinyl sheeting.

I also sprayed the wheels bronze, I cant remember why... But it happened...

More to come shortly...