Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What did you find in your miata when you bought it?

Idling - Listen to it purr... Kjman55's Avatar
    Drives
    MALIBU GOLD L.E.;1992
    Thanks Given

What did you find in your miata when you bought it?

I recently bought a damaged NA6 to build up as a supersprint car, and found a dead gold fish and $10.50 in change under the seats....just wondering what anyone else has found?

Idling - Listen to it purr... Lebowskiguy's Avatar
    Drives
    2006 Galaxy Gray
    Thanks Given
    I just bought a 2006 GT and found the original window sticker in the glove box. Thought that was pretty cool. I'm going to throw it in a frame and hang it in my garage.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    Australian coins...
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch
    Drives
    99 emerald mica
    Thanks Given
    The previous persons license under the carpet

Drives
    Sharka
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,278 Posts
    In the 97 trunk tunnel: the ash tray (cup holder was installed), and the big-gulp cup adapter. They were jammed in there and not rattling. Can't remember exactly when I found those.
    In the 97 trunk: a bra and the boot cover. I saw those before buying the car, but it merited inclusion.

In the 95: Nothing. It was so clean that it was shocking. The absence of anything is noticeable. I expected something. A coin? An insurance card? Nothing. It was completely clean. When I removed the dash, I found more nothing. Not even hair.

and just for grins

89 Honda Civic beater: It was pretty clean inside when I bought it. Vacuumed and swept. There was an insurance card, but nothing else. A few months passed and I put something in the passenger seat back pocket. When I pulled it out later, I found most of a 64 piece Crayola set (individually) and a torn apart and colored coloring book. That gave me a good laugh.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Andy's Avatar
    Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    In our miata there was about 2 inches of sand in the trunk carpet and the same in the interior carpet. I found a few petrified leaves that looked really cool. We were convinced the guy was trying to smuggle south beach. It was that much sand.

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Found a factory service manual still in the plastic wrapping behind the passenger seat.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    How 'bout something REALLY weird?

Years ago, I bought a Talon from a guy who lived a bit over an hour away. I was planning on building a "race car" (quotes used to differentiate from the fact that I actually use my miata for racing) and removed the rear seat.

Underneath the seat there was a photo of a kid (not who I bought the car from) getting his Eagle Scout award... with my dad pinning it on him! Turns out he was a previous owner of the car, and actually knew more about what was done to it than the owner I bought it from.
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Grumpy's Avatar
    Drives
    Grumman Wildcat (ok, 92 Miata) :
    Thanks Given
    An unsmoked cigarette in the passenger side seat rail and a military ribbon bar in the glove box

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! drv2fst's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    The boot cover still in the original plastic bag.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death - Hunter S Thompson

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    That's pretty freaky!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueiii View Post
    How 'bout something REALLY weird?

Years ago, I bought a Talon from a guy who lived a bit over an hour away. I was planning on building a "race car" (quotes used to differentiate from the fact that I actually use my miata for racing) and removed the rear seat.

Underneath the seat there was a photo of a kid (not who I bought the car from) getting his Eagle Scout award... with my dad pinning it on him! Turns out he was a previous owner of the car, and actually knew more about what was done to it than the owner I bought it from.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Close to $4 in change, and the business card of the first owner (I'm the fourth owner).

The business card of the first owner goes: Robert D. Stevens, *
    Indiana National Guard
    Colonel
    State Counterdrug Coordinator

* Not his real name ;)

Roughly a month ago, Skip Cannon, some friends and I installed the frame rails to my car, so the carpet had to be removed. We found almost $4 in spare change AGAIN, underneath the carpet!

That's $8 worth of a rebate on my car!!!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Ihatecars's Avatar
    Drives
    91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    I found a dvd copy of Night at the Museum.
    Just a few coins, a pen, and a few other mundane items also. Nothing really that gross or crazy apart from the dvd.
    The old man I bought my car from didn't drive it often enough to allow it to accumulate hidden junk I guess.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast