Quote Originally Posted by Ihatecars View Post
I love those seats! I'd kill for tan Lotus seats at that price!
About your engine, I don't know much about engines, but I've heard a lot of Miatas living well past the 200k mark. My 1.6 makes a pretty sweet ticking noise after I really flog it around, and it only has 47k miles on it. Good luck though.
I also dream of drifting my Miata. I have a little fun at night in empty parking lots, but nothing too crazy. I'm not skilled enough to do any "real" drifting safely or well. Smart idea to put it on the back burner until you find something closer that is legal.

Where'd you get the r/Miata sticker? I'm an avid Redditor, and would love to show some love for an awesome sub!
My biggest issue with the current engine is the previous owner. If the rest of the car is any indication of how the drive train was taken care of, then the engine is on its way out. I may as well just slap a 1.8 in there, I could use the extra power anyways

I've tried drifting my Miata a few times, but it never ends well. With the open diff I'm just peg legging it everywhere. I'd just weld it, but then there goes the "daily" ability. Fortunately I have some time to get it together with the track situation right now haha.

And I got the decal from http://www.reddit.com/user/zenie. Last I checked he didn't have any more, but he was looking into getting more. Might be worth shooting him a message and seeing if he has anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon I Am View Post
you can buy leather dye online, and get it to any color darker than the current color. It's very simple to use as well.
Thanks, I'll look into it. If I can make it black, that'd be awesome.