Thread: DIY Soundproofing/ Vibration damping / Heat management for Mazda Miata

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GearheadsMiataClub.net Events Manager minuteman048's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Emerald Green Mica
    Thanks Given
    Glad you caught that before it got even worse. Time to nip that in the bud, Budd. Im flattered that I inspired that project and the pay off is that you discovered the damage. I had one small rusted galvanized plate up on the deck I replaced. I will be doing a fuel pump swap out soon and see if things are still dry since I did that project. Never had any water in the trunk or interior but moisture did get to that panel which I replaced with a new one.

I currently have a style bar which does double duty as a rear shock tower brace. Plan on putting in a real roll bar next year and will be extra diligent on preventing rust. You guys that have older installs on roll bars should check your rides out also.

Do you park it in a garage or leave it outside?

Good luck and let me know if I can be of any assistance.
    Last edited by minuteman048; 07-23-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

Dawn Patrol - Tally-Ho!

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Radiohead's Avatar
    Drives
    Chaste White 99'
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by minuteman048 View Post
    Glad you caught that before it got even worse. Time to nip that in the bud, Budd. Im flattered that I inspired that project and the pay off is that you discovered the damage. I had one small rusted galvanized plate up on the deck I replaced. I will be doing a fuel pump swap out soon and see if things are still dry since I did that project. Never had any water in the trunk or interior but moisture did get to that panel which I replaced with a new one.

I currently have a style bar which does double duty as a rear shock tower brace. Plan on putting in a real roll bar next year and will be extra diligent on preventing rust. You guys that have older installs on roll bars should check your rides out also.

Do you park it in a garage or leave it outside?

Good luck and let me know if I can be of any assistance.
    She has always been parked under the carport. Thanks! Im glad i decided to do this or i never would have known what going on back there with the roll bar. After reading thru your thread I had a pretty good idea on how to proceed. I will say this though, I hope my completed job looks half as good as yours! You were meticulous and it shows in all your pics!
    99' White Miata

GearheadsMiataClub.net Events Manager minuteman048's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Emerald Green Mica
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    She has always been parked under the carport. Thanks! Im glad i decided to do this or i never would have known what going on back there with the roll bar. After reading thru your thread I had a pretty good idea on how to proceed. I will say this though, I hope my completed job looks half as good as yours! You were meticulous and it shows in all your pics!
    I get 2 weeks off between Christmas and New Years so I was able to take my time and work in comfortable temperatures. It's easier to do a big job when you are not rushed and working in comfortable conditions (not summer heat). Yata did his before I did mine and he was my inspiration. I used a small wooden roller you would use for doing wall paper to get the material to match the contures of the floor pan. It came with the Fatmat roll which I used for the job. Good luck.
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

Dawn Patrol - Tally-Ho!