Thread: Hawk HPS pads on ATE slotted rotors using ATE superblue racing fluid. Thumbs up

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BoBo's Avatar
    Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given

Hawk HPS pads on ATE slotted rotors using ATE superblue racing fluid. Thumbs up

I have had this setup for maybe 2 months now. My experience with this setup have been great. Cold & hot bite is good. In addition, it can handle autoX events and back to back mountain runs with fun. I had my brakes smoking a bit due to excessive heat and I haven't experience any kind of fade or squeals. The HPS doesn't get your wheels dirty as much as the Axxis pads.Plus the Hawk came with a nice sticker and a pad lubricant. I know these pads are for the streets, but I will try it out on the HPDE if I can't find my Portefield.

I threw the box away before I could take a picture, but it looks like this:

This is a picture of my brakes:

Last edited by BoBo; 07-30-2013 at 03:18 AM.
    08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Tuned/Track Prepared
    04 Z4 2.5 M Sport Package
    01 SLK 230 Kompressor AMG Sport Package

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BoBo's Avatar
    Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    I think I accidentally moved the pictures, so here it is again. A few months ago I couldn't find my Porterfied pads, so I gave these a try at a HPDE. I know these are for street but it held it's own for a few laps.However, I did experience brake fade and had to take it easy until I could bleed the lines with better fluid. The new fluid helped a lot but in the end I still experience fade and my brake lube baked behind the pads. I bought so Hawk HP plus race pads and will do a review when the time comes.

08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Tuned/Track Prepared
    04 Z4 2.5 M Sport Package
    01 SLK 230 Kompressor AMG Sport Package