Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Ellett / Boss Performance Memorial Stickers

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    RIP Ben... donated. Thanks for doing this guys.

Drives
    Sharka
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,278 Posts
    Got my stickers yesterday. Thank you so much for doing this!

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Got mine this morning. Will be finding a nice spot to put these.

Drives
    G-Limited Miata
    Thanks Given
    Everyone:

It has been pointed out to me that we have not provided acceptable updates on the shipment of the sticker packs. I had mistakenly believed my post on the 19th was sufficient since we did ship by the end of that week and people have just started to receive their packs.

So to update you all, EVERYONE that had donated prior to August 23 had shipped on the 23rd. Since then, we have been shipping daily and are completely caught up. You guys have been great and the donations are amazing!

I suppose now is as good as any to also explain how this is working. I was going to wait til the end, but since I needed to clarify what is happening, I will post this also:

Project-G along with Randy George (PhatMiata) from MazdaRoadster.net will cover ALL the costs and labor associated with this donation drive. From contacting Ben's family, designing, submitting, approving, cutting, packaging, and shipping the stickers to Project-G, then organizing a payment method, generating a webpage for this purpose, running donation threads on 3 forums, cutting a batch of "special" stickers, sorting and packaging, keeping over 100 small orders accounted for, and finally shipping them, (Postage is also considered part of our cost) this is part of our contribution.

Keep in mind, this is all in addition to our normal grind. So please accept our apology if we are not updating to your satisfaction. It was suggested we had fallen short by not issuing a confirmation email for each and every donation. To everyone who feels this way, we are sorry, but we are really stretching to make this happen in a timely manner as is. We really didn't want to disclose what efforts have been going on behind the scenes, but since we were unaware there are people who are less than satisfied with how we are handling this, I felt it necessary to at least explain.

Please give the sticker packs some time to get to you. If they don't show up within 2 weeks of your donation, or by Sept. 7th for those of you who donated prior to August 23, let us know. The sticker packs consist of 1 of Ben's avatar, 1 Boss Performance Logo, 1 Special Edition MazdaRoadster.net, and 1 Special Boss Performance Edition Project-G die cut. This will be the only time we will produce this color combination.

We still have a couple days left. Keep the donations coming guys.

Thanks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Risingsun124 For This Useful Post:

WASABI (09-03-2013)

Mod Squad
    Drives
    2016 Ceramic GT
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,354 Posts
    Well, I think you did and are doing a great job. Thanks Project-G and Randy for doing this.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    A lot of folks will never understand how much work goes into these things, Project-G has gone above and beyond to make this happen. All MazdaRoadster.net did was get the stickers to them, but they in turn, still have to do all the mailings plus their regular day to day events which makes this somewhat of is a logistical pain in the rear.

This is NOT about the stickers, this is about our friend "Ben", please keep that in mind folks, and know that Project-G will make good on their end, just have some patience with the US Postal Service.

PS, this is Labor Day weekend too, therefore, no mail on Monday, so keep that in mind too!

Drives
    Thanks Given
    PSS

I love that word filter they have on our website address.

Quote Originally Posted by Risingsun124 on MiataNet

The sticker packs consist of 1 of Ben's avatar, 1 Boss Performance Logo, 1 Special Edition miata.net, and 1 Special Boss Performance Edition Project-G die cut. This will be the only time we will produce this color combination.

hahahhaha I love this, I need to get creative with it somehow.

Now you are gonna get crotchy old men crying about not getting their Mnet stickers too

Drives
    G-Limited Miata
    Thanks Given
    Ack!!! I was in a hurry and didn't change it. Sorry Randy. I knew I needed to change it and totally forgot.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone speedypenguin's Avatar
    Drives
    '94 Black
    Thanks Given
    Thank you Project-G and Randy for facilitating this. It's kind of disappointing to hear that some people are adament about getting the stickers ASAP...from my perspective, it was a nice surprise to see the special blue MR sticker and Project-G vinyl in addition to Ben's car and the BOSS performance logo. Hopefully people will see it that way...

On the plus side, I've actually had a couple of people come up to me and ask me about the sticker of Ben's car, and when I explained to them that this is how the Miata community supports a fellow member, they thought it was very cool. RIP Ben.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    Wait, isn't this about helping relieve some of the financial burden of Bens family and showing his family the love and support the miata community has for Ben? Why are people complaining about not getting their stickers in time? That's not what this is about.

Thank you Randy and Project-G for putting this together. You guys are doing a fantastic job. Keep it up!

RIP Ben!

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theothersawyer View Post
    Wait, isn't this about helping relieve some of the financial burden of Bens family and showing his family the love and support the miata community has for Ben? Why are people complaining about not getting their stickers in time? That's not what this is about.

Thank you Randy and Project-G for putting this together. You guys are doing a fantastic job. Keep it up!

RIP Ben!
    True!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! iKhanh's Avatar
    Drives
    Red 1990 NA6
    Thanks Given
    ahh man, i meant to do this earlier but i had to leave for work, but i just donated. RIP Ben..

Drives
    G-Limited Miata
    Thanks Given
    Update:

Ok, so as of August 31, 2013 we have concluded this donation drive for Ben Ellett, the owner of Boss Performance and a prominent member of the Miata family.

Project-G and MazdaRoadster.net would like to extend a huge thank you to all who have participated and made this donate drive a success. You should all be proud to know you are all a part of this great community that has come together to help Ben's family in this tough time.

We will be sending a check to Ben's mother later today.

Thanks again. You guys make us proud to be a part of this community.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Risingsun124 For This Useful Post:

atank (11-05-2013),iKhanh (09-03-2013),Martin (09-03-2013),psulja (09-03-2013),theothersawyer (09-03-2013),WASABI (09-03-2013)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    Do we have a final count as to how much was raised for his family?

Drives
    Thanks Given

Hey guys & gals, I just got this email from Ben's family and wanted to share it with you all.

since Project-g organized most of this maybe Steve, Joey, or JonB can copy paste this note to the other related forums that donated, thanks everyone!!

Ben Ellett memorial bench

Quote Originally Posted by Emily

Hi, Randy.

Here are some pictures of the bench that the Project-G and Mazda Roadster .net fund raiser helped purchase. We were very happy to have his logo and avatar engraved on the plaque. As you can see, there is a very nice view from Ben's bench. We live on a scenic highway and on weekends you can hear happy car and motorcyclist enthusiasts cruising by.

Please forward these to the guys at Project-G so that they can share them with the many friends who pitched in.

Thank you again for reaching out and supporting us.

Warm regards,

Emily

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (11-05-2013),atank (11-05-2013),Demon I Am (11-07-2013),Grip Driver (11-05-2013),I<3flippyheadlights (11-05-2013),Ihatecars (11-05-2013),Martin (11-05-2013),revlimiter (11-05-2013),RotorNutFD3S (11-05-2013),theothersawyer (11-05-2013),tsingson (11-07-2013),WASABI (11-05-2013)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast