Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grumpy's Roadster Evolution

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Grumpy's Avatar
    Drives
    Grumman Wildcat (ok, 92 Miata) :
    Thanks Given
    So it's been a couple months since my last update. Wife has nixed the idea of a 3rd car, so I did a lot of soul searching because I've enjoyed this car so much. Most of the enjoyment however was while I was in California. With the winters sucking, and the weather I find myself rarely driving top down. In addition, the roads in my area are boring at best. This coming week assuming the dealership will meet my price, I'll be trading in the roadster. :sigh: I've chosen a 2014 Titanium flash Mazda 3s Grand touring. It would've happened earlier, but the car was still on the boat, when I decided what color combo I wanted. If they can't meet my price for the 3 and the trade in value for the Miata, then I'll deal with the Miata for another winter, and will likely spend the 900 bucks on snow tires/mounting/balancing etc.
    I've spent about 8 hours returning the car to stock, removing lighting, badging, replacing the broken/modified interior panels. Removed the short shifter, which is going to JonB. The springs will remain on the car, as well as the rx8 sways. removing the chrome vinyl has proven to be problematic, not sure how I'm going to get it off at this point, but I've got a few days to think of something. I've got a set of Mazdaspeed 6 wheels that will go on the Miata for trade in, so I can keep the Traklites, which will be powdercoated for the 3.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Mexican_Guy's Avatar
    Drives
    the metro bus
    Thanks Given
    damm! hopefully in the future you got a new miata again charly, best of luck!
    2010 NCII TR

Drives
    Thanks Given
    The Roadster is gone... kind of bittersweet... I have hopes to get a RHD 91 in 2016. I will have another Miata at some point.
    The Successor:

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    loverly

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    The Roadster is gone... kind of bittersweet... I have hopes to get a RHD 91 in 2016. I will have another Miata at some point.
    The Successor:
    Still got love for you here man.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    So I thought I'd post an update on the 3, since I just installed my wheels. I had the Traklites that were on the Miata powdercoated. Stuck on the stripes. I am however waiting on some centercaps which may or may not show up, depending on whether the seller is honest or not (long story)

The wheels aren't a plain black, however they may look in the pic. They've got a little bit of pop in the right angle when in the sun

Drives
    Thanks Given
    centercaps have arrived and brake calipers painted. You'd never know these were the same wheels...

before putting them on the Miata:

on the 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123