Thread: The car named Mental

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Satisaii's Avatar
    Drives
    2020 Polymetal GT
    Thanks Given
    Now that I have done it once, I am fairly confident that I could do it again on the first try. OTH, I replaced every part of the emissions system with new parts from Mazda (hooray for racer pricing.) The PCM was tough. I had to wait for a 2005 manual to pop up on Ebay with immobilizer and keys. I really found it amazing that they did not care about the wire tuck, engine bay clean up, or that everything under the hood had been powder coated.

Now the car is going to sit for a while until my finances recover a bit. A couple years ago I purchased a 3.6 Fuji from the UK breakers that turned out to be bad. I did not catch it for more than a year since the car was not being driven. Dropped the fluid on it last week and discovered big chunks of stuff attached to the drain plug and the nearly new fluid was black. That diff is so loud that the car is quieter with the windows down at 70 mph.

Once I figure out what to do with the diff, I have the CARB legal FM turbo kit to install. Some more parts to powder coat. Rattles to track down. The hard top does not seal well against the windshield header. There are some wiring issues that came up recently. Maybe do an EV conversion.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satisaii For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (07-21-2020),oldgrayleather (07-21-2020)