Thread: Port Charlotte car show Jan 10 2014

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts

Port Charlotte car show Jan 10 2014

Just some random shots from the latest car show here. Too many cars to photograph but I thought I'd throw in a few unique ones in the interesting category. Since Miata folks arrived after 4:30, there was no place to park together so no Miata shots this month. This free event is every second Friday of every month, rain or shine and you can roll in with a Vespa scooter or a million-dollar Ferrari, all welcome.

Very nice weather after the cold front a couple days earlier

Cool VW

Da Man himself

and the car he wants

which can probably outrun this

Superb work

Amazing stock 660HP Mustang GT500 engine with factory blower

What happens when you retire with time, money and a Chevy 350 motor and a trike

Your's truly. Don't even think about it, dog!

Gets dark quickly in the winter but the fun goes on 'til late

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Thumper13's Avatar
    Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    Yata, sorry Agent Orange, you should post the pics from your Vette club. Those guys are awesome. A local club that has a neighborhood meet that pulls in 400 Vettes. I couldn't imagine if they tried to have a state wide meet. Gotta hand it to Vette owners,they do like to show off their rides. I'm jealous and now I'm starting to miss my last Vette.

Thanks Given
    A statewide Vette meet would be insane! There would over a thousand cars easy. Sad isn't it? Local Vette club meet draws in hundreds. Local Miata club meet pulls in three including me and I don't even have a Miata. I know there are hundreds of Miatae in PC alone, many of them modded but you couldn't bother these people to at least meet for coffee.

Drives
    95' White NA
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    I know there are hundreds of Miatae in PC alone, many of them modded but you couldn't bother these people to at least meet for coffee.
    Agreed, they're either bone stock w/grandmas driving or kids who've riced them out. Ran into one kid at a stoplight once when I had my red car. Dude took off. It was a pretty fun chase tho. Got a chance to talk to him in the end and told him about the Gearheads but I doubt he ever came out. His name was Diamond I believe.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Every once in a while it pays off I chased down a red miata one day, it contained BlenderBlast, (Jamaican raggamuffin hair and all) and he is pretty active on the forums, and a really cool cat in general.

Thanks Given
    Yes, there are a lot of grannies and teenies but I've noticed a lot of serious Miata folks here too. By that, I mean I see that they've been nicely modded and well taken care of. I've seen tons of them here and have either left business cards on their cars or talked to them in person but it's pretty much all for nothing.

I went to a local Vette club meet here and like mentioned before, there were about 400 cars but also one Miata. I talked to that dude (a 40ish former Vette owner) and he was very enthusiastic Miater with HD roll bar and modded suspension. So I brought up clubs and forums and he just shrugged having never heard of us nor even m.net. He just wasn't interested in hanging out with fellow Miaters, driving with us, turning wrenches or even talking on the forum.

He was really into his Miata but that was it and that's the incredible disinterest I see around here.

Drives
    95' White NA
    Thanks Given
    That's so strange that no one would come out.. Hmm, I know it took me quite a while before I finally mustered up the courage to finally attend a meet in Tampa. Even then, it was only because I ran into an already member who convinced me to come.

Idling - Listen to it purr... pmarcuzzo's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 red Miata
    Thanks Given
    Has there been a Miata club in the Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda area? I am re-doing my girl friend's 1990 as funds become available. I live in Port Charlotte now, used to be in PG. It's funny only about half the Miatas I see locally will wave, go 10 miles away and they all wave.

Thanks Given
    Sure is! For years now: http://gearheadsmiataclub.net