Thread: 5XRacing Radiator Seal Plate

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BoBo's Avatar
    Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given

Smile 5XRacing Radiator Seal Plate

This is a quick review of the Radiator Seal plate from 5XRacing. The edges of the seal plate itself is kind of sharp and it will cut your paint and expose the bare metal if the edges of the seal plate rubs to the paint . I recommend grabbing a round rock from your front yard or somewhere along the road, and use it to dull out the sharp edges. I wet sanded the sharp edges of the "Seal Plate" with detergent soap using a round rock that I found around my parking lot, after 5 minutes it was dull.

The install was about... maybe an 1hr. I took my sweet time, anyways that's probably the only that sucked installing this seal plate, as oppose to the Garage Star or Beatrush, which only takes a few seconds. I had to remove the hood latch, screws holding the bumper apron. But before you could do that, you have to remove the black housing on the lamps so you could fit a stubby Phillips screw driver to remove the screws on the apron. You have to also remove the 2 screws that hold the fender and front bumper together. You don't have to remove the front bumper.However, you have to pull one side to slide in the RADIATOR SEAL PLATE. In that case I pulled the left side just a little bit enough to slide in the RADIATOR SEAL PLATE. Overall I like the clean look.I only paid $36 and it did cool my engine temperature a bit, my temperature gauge is a bit on the cooler side after the install. I will post better pictures tomorrow when the Sun is out.

If you don't mind the lengthy install for that clean look, then look no further. Thank you for reading

08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Tuned/Track Prepared
    04 Z4 2.5 M Sport Package
    01 SLK 230 Kompressor AMG Sport Package

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BoBo For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (02-02-2014)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! HELLIONMX5's Avatar
    Drives
    BLACKOUT AKA a 2005 black mica mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    don't forget the cheaper price. Not bad. If i didn't have one I would probably have opted for this piece.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BoBo's Avatar
    Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    Sorry for the late pics, been busy with school. Anyways here is the latest picture after the install.
    08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Tuned/Track Prepared
    04 Z4 2.5 M Sport Package
    01 SLK 230 Kompressor AMG Sport Package