Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This will be my last thread...

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    Ummm... so, does this mean that because I also have a speed, I can't be on this forum?
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! jux's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 White A-pkg, '08.5 CWP MS3
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueiii View Post
    Ummm... so, does this mean that because I also have a speed, I can't be on this forum?
    There are plenty of us on this forum with Mazdaspeed cars. I think you'll be fine.
    '90 "LE" with red bits - 7/6 Flex, FM Front Bar, 14x7 +19 RPF1, PWR, SPAL, Maxim Works, Thermal R&D, HDHCSDM2, Zoom, Anvil II, 330mm mahogany Deep Corn, AC/PS delete, LE interior, attitude
    '08.5 CWP MS3 GT - AST 4100, TriPoint Rear Sway and Links, JBR STS w/ bushings and lockout plate, Moddiction Anvil II

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch curvingedge's Avatar
    Drives
    Mazdaspeed3
    Thanks Given
    Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely post up the pics of the new ride. I'll miss the miata but kinda excited to see what will happen next. Thank you so much for all the positive support.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueiii View Post
    That's funny because throughout this whole thread, I was feeling the opposite. Maybe I was reading it wrongly.

No todo que es oro brilla.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    I just have to add without say really is that you do not need to actually own a Miata in order to enjoy this site. Many of us members have owned a Miata but now drive something else and many more are MG, muscle car, Subie or Honda afficionados either here for nostalgia or testing the waters. We can't even guage the lurkers who outnumber members twofold.

What makes for a good forum IMO is a sense of community and personally, I don't think anyone draws motorheads together more than MR. Now I know everyone's first reaction is obvious but seriously, I'm not being a cheerleader, I really believe we are the most welcoming and even-handed car community out there.

I'm a member of other forums including the biggest Vette forum around but this is my home and to be honest, the amount of incomprehensible political hatred (including calls for physical violence), racism, sexism and homophobia wished upon by Vette owners, all of which I'm personally opposed to, makes me second guess my membership there. They're owned by Internet Brands just like CR so that automatically means wasteland.

Still, this place is not only a great Miata site but a great car enthuiast site and even after I fade into moderator/admin emeritus status, it's been a big part of my life I'll always look back on proudly.

/#crymeariver

No todo que es oro brilla.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

curvingedge (02-20-2014),jux (02-17-2014),tsingson (02-16-2014),WASABI (02-16-2014)

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Well said, AO. This is the place to be.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tsingson For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (02-16-2014)

Drives
    Mazdaspeed3
    Thanks Given

10. The Following User Says Thank You to curvingedge For This Useful Post:

WASABI (02-25-2014)

Drives
    Mazdaspeed3
    Thanks Given
    Well guys, the miata has been officially sold. She's gone. The buyer called my 2 hours later to just to 'thank' me and ask why I was selling such a fun ride. As we were talking, I heard the engine rev (VVT and all) and boy, I about cried... And I am at work!? I wrote him a letter and wanted to share with you all.

"Well, I am so excited for you. Please keep the adventures going for her. Take her everywhere, go for cruises, and the main thing, enjoy your family with it.

That car has been through a lot of great times. From the local cruises with other miatae. To driving on the sand on Daytona Beach. Also driving on an actual race track at Sebring. Remembering my wife and I building the subs together. Helping me with putting each part on... Painting the interior and cludder-ing up the living room. I always imagined taking the miata to the ice cream parlor with my daughter and thinking to the future of how my daughter and I would be wrenching on it.

Man, I am truly happy for you. I am going to break down and cry... God, please pray for me. But I know it's for the better. Better for me. Better for my family.

That miata will be SURLY MISSED! She has TONS of love, blood, and sweat in her. Keep it going bro... keep it going.

Happy motoring,
    "

So guys, I don't miss the car but I miss the memories. And just thinking about it makes the tears start...

-curv

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to curvingedge For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (02-26-2014),Dandy (02-25-2014),f86sabjf (02-25-2014),The Driver (02-25-2014),WASABI (02-25-2014)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    ^ Dude, that was profound!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Driver For This Useful Post:

curvingedge (02-26-2014)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Curve, life is a long and winding road. With such powerful memories of your car, I'm sure another Miata will find it's way into your life in the future.

And, when you get your next one, I'm sure you'll enjoy wrenching on it with your daughter... Daughters love roadsters!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WASABI For This Useful Post:

curvingedge (02-26-2014),The Driver (02-25-2014)

Drives
    Mazdaspeed3
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
    Curve, life is a long and winding road. With such powerful memories of your car, I'm sure another Miata will find it's way into your life in the future.

And, when you get your next one, I'm sure you'll enjoy wrenching on it with your daughter... Daughters love roadsters!
    That is a awesome picture. I really can't wait. Thanks for all the dedication and love and I'll still be lurkin' around!

-curv
    Last edited by curvingedge; 02-26-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12